Weird part request or info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
I am looking to add windshield hooks and pads for my fj40 and I need to find these(in picture) parts other than buying some shot fender aprons or a hood does anyone know where to get these? I found this website but it seems a little sketch and shipping to the us ends up being pricy.
Hood Latch Lock With Clip Kit Toyota Land Cruiser 40 Series FJ40 FJ45 BJ40 - https://supercenterautomotiveparts.com/en-us/products/fechadura-fecho-presilha-capo-toyota-bandeirante-jeep-willys?pr_prod_strat=copurchase_transfer_learning&pr_rec_id=5f65b3284&pr_rec_pid=6683770749113&pr_ref_pid=6685680271545&pr_seq=uniform
y
IMG_1450.PNG

Ill also post this as a wanted add in the classifieds here soon.

Try @topnault; since they're making body parts, they'd probably have them.

I found some latches in stainless yrs ago--sorry don't have the info on where I got them, but it was a vendor on MUD--may be able to search and find them--As for the catches--I made mine out of some stainless tubing--1 inch dia.-cut off a piece at ~30 degree slant---Ground off the old rusty one(left the tack-welded base there as a weld point) then just migged the new tube to the base metal---(yea-yea, I know no pics and it didn't happen)-- i did this as part of a body rust refurb and these were not the big part of it--so I failed to document the fix--
I can get current pics and detail how I did the repair, if you are inclined to do that--I did find one that shows the finished catch

Found a ss latch at CCOT--think that may be where I got mine---(warning--the inner spring and pin are NOT SS(what's up with that??) my inner stuff rusted out after ~2 yrs. I took them apart and installed a stainless spring and pinthey are still fine after ~10 trs
Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 22-19-03 Hood Hook - Stainless Side Hook Kit w_SST Hrdwr.png

IMG_1749.JPG

Last edited:
I have some aprons Coming from @Dallas Todd I should be able to use the catches on those. I had thought I was going to buy some of these catches from a new distributer of fj40 body panels and sheet metal but I never heard back from the seller. Witch I guess is fine I am sure they had alot on their plate getting everything going on a new business. They were pretty pricy for what they were anyway. @coinoperated40 and @sggoat Thanks for chiming in and for the help!

@coinoperated40 An employee of our family business is from Salisbury NC! Small world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom