Weird oil consumption problem 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So just would like to close up this thread with the fix of what I found, it’s been a while since I got to working on the landcruiser and finally finished to make it on a camping trip last weekend.

I decided to do a smoke test on the crankcase, so I added smoke through the dipstick tube until I noticed smoke under the spark plug wires then I pulled the covers off and noticed smoke coming out of the spark plug tube seal area. I pulled off the throttle body and valve cover, half the tube seals remained on the cylinder head tube and half stayed in the valve cover. Cleaned everything up and put in new oem tube seals, resealed the front half moon covers with FIPG, found some broken vacuum hoses behind throttle body, replaced everything I can reach, changed all coolant hoses on firewall area, cleaned egr ports and throttle body plate area. Installed the valve cover and throttle body and bought a new intake tube. It’s been over 300 miles now and I can confirm it has not used any oil. Dipstick is still full, engine almost dies when I open engine oil cap while it’s running like it should, throttle response has improved drastically.

The cause for oil consumption was from a vacuum leak through the tube seals and broken hoses. Always check for vacuum leaks. Hope this helps somebody. Now I gotta figure out why it won’t do the warm up high speed idle anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom