Weird issue. Fixed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got in my 80 this morning turn on the headlights, and the left side flasher acted as a running light. It will not blink, even though the relay works. This is not happening on the right side at all. Just the left side of the truck. Anybody else run into this?

I got in my 80 this morning turn on the headlights, and the left side flasher acted as a running light. It will not blink, even though the relay works. This is not happening on the right side at all. Just the left side of the truck. Anybody else run into this?
Also, the turn signal light stay on even with the flash relay removed

Anything unique about your circuit (arb turn signals, trailer lights hooked up, etc)?

Also, the turn signal light stay on even with the flash relay removed
Do you have any LED lights in the system?

The outside corner lights are not flashers. Only the ones below the headlight in the valance.

only one set. I did the marker light turn signal mod noted on Slee’s website. Not marker lights for sure it’s the turn signal lights, all of left ones, front and back. I spent the day removing any and all non factory wiring, no change. I unplugged the mod on the left side, and no change. I unplugged the factory alarm that I never use, no change. The only time it doesn’t come on is when I pull the marker light relay. I’m beginning to think I’ve a bad combination switch of the steering column. Any thoughts?

only one set. I did the marker light turn signal mod noted on Slee’s website. Not marker lights for sure it’s the turn signal lights, all of left ones, front and back. I spent the day removing any and all non factory wiring, no change. I unplugged the mod on the left side, and no change. I unplugged the factory alarm that I never use, no change. The only time it doesn’t come on is when I pull the marker light relay. I’m beginning to think I’ve a bad combination switch of the steering column. Any thoughts?
Do you still have the factory trailer harness in the rear fender?

They are known to swell and melt. Most have been replaced by now, but it needs to be checked.

Fixed! I thought I got all the trailer wire stuff out, until I removed my drawer system and found that pinche box Toyota used for trailer wiring. Yeah, removed and everything is working as designed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom