Weird feeling

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 72FJ40LandCruiser, Jul 29, 2005.

1. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I don't know what's going on, but every day for the past 2 weeks, the back of my throat has been burning. Kinda like when you get really, really hungry and a little bit of stomach acid comes up and burns your throat. Or if you puke and it burns a bit. My stomach feels fine, I never eat the same thing everyday, and the stress from work has been less and less each day. Can't figure out what's causing this?! I'm not feeling this cause I'm hungry because I eat PLENTY. The burning sensation gets annoying. The other night I picked up some Tums just incase it is excessive acid in my stomach but I can't tell if they're really helping or not. Anybody else get this?

2. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

Acid reflux?

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Get scoped ... stay aware from metabolic alkalosis'sss .. dey bad :)

Reflux?

TY

4. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

That's what I said, and why I picked up some Tums last night, but the ol lady made fun of me. Said acid reflux doesn't happen in your throat. I'm no doctor, and she sure as hell isn't, either. All I know is that my throat is the only thing that burns, my stomach feels just as good as ever. I don't smoke or anything like that.

I know back in the day when my grandfather was a manager he popped Rolaids all day every day. Never figured out why, but maybe something similar is showing up in me.

5. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Are you an alcoholic ? Esophageal varices? You cough up any blood?

TY - I should shut up now ..

6. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

Get checked out by your doctor! Quit deep throating strangers!

Fly Rod

7. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

Alcoholic? Hell no. My ol lady gives me s*** and says that I am, though. Here's some background. I'll get some beer/liqour every month or two. I'll drinnk a fair amount of it until it's gone, then be dry for at least a month before I get some more. She thinks that I'm an alky because I drink most of it till it's gone. I never get piss drunk, but she thinks that because I smell like beer that I must be drunk... An alcoholic gets drunk every day to feel normal. She doesn't know what the f*** she's talking about but still claims that I'm an alky. How could any alky go dry for a month and not bitch about it?!?! But what the f*** do I know??

8. Bluto

Bluto

1. Go see your Dr. - sometimes with old age the door between your esophagus and stomach might not shut properly allowing acid to go up. Just like above - possible scope in your future - now you are going to find out how it feels to be a :flamingo: - at least it is not coming from your rear end.

2. Too much of this can put you in a pH imbalance - your blood can turn alkalotic. And that will put you down if your pH goes too high. Might have to send TY to pick you up.

Any discomfort in chest area with your throat discomfort? Just like everybody is pointing to - possible reflux.

Take care. :)

9. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Clients go on week long benders all the time .. then end up in detox. Eventually in ER sometimes with the DT's . Maybe it's the cessation that gets ya .. just don't stop .. sheesh :D

TY

10. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    Cut out caffiene, Thai food, chocolate, cola, coffee, tomato based and acidic foods for awhile. Go to bed earlier. These things helped me until I switched jobs. After switching jobs, my stress level went way down and the acid reflux / burning throat went away. Good luck.

11. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

If you have a moment post your troponin levels .. ;)

TY

12. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

My chest feels just fine. That's what makes it so weird... Nothing bothers me but my throat, which burns sometimes. I haven't been to the doctor in more than 4-5 years. Which is why I have a $1000 deductible. It really does save me money, but anything under $1000 I have to pay. I guess if this really starts bothering me a ton, I'll go see a doctor. Right now, I just keep a drink handy to mask it if it starts up. A glass of water or pop is a lot cheaper than a doctor! ;)

13. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Head in the sand .. yeah, that'll work

My ex had to be scoped .. went something like this

"lots of inflamation .. bla bla bla .. cells migrating upwards .. bla .. tissues aggrevated .. bla bla .. cells pre-cancerous .. bla .. nissen fundoplasty"

I'm not saying you have this .. just saying my ex would even get reflux from milk in the end , and her surgeon recommended this procedure. Incidentally she declined .. probably lives on meds :rolleyes:

TY

14. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    Been having any allergy problems? Taking any allergy meds or using nasal decongestant sprays? Do you chew or dip? Does your bedmate see you mouth-breathing when you sleep?
    BTW, what do you weigh? Do you snore? I mean chronic snoring.

Fill out in triplicate and submit...

Ed (ToothBoy)

15. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

do oyu like sunset walks,

whats your star sign,

16. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

No allergies, no allergy meds or sprays, no chewing or dipping, but I do snore. I of course don't know how bad it is because my old lady hasn't recorded me or anything. Sometimes I talk about work in my sleep, also. It doesn't seem to do it in the morning, just more in the afternoon. I haven't changed anything in my diets lately, and I eat a wide variety of foods. I thought it might be stress related, but my stress level at work has gone down lately.

17. Lito

Lito

I had the same thing, really bad sore throats several times a year that would takes weeks to improve. Thought maybe I needed my tonsils out or something. I have a friend who's an ear, nose, throat doc take a look. Diagnosed reflux. Like you, I was skeptical because I rarely get heartburn or anything. His description was something like this,.." at night while you're sleeping even a small amount of acid can work it's way up and sit in the back of your throat causing some inflammation. Before you fully wake up you may swallow a few times and it's gone, but too late, the damage is done." Advice was, no eating or alcohol 3 hours prior to going to bed, back off on caffeine, fruit juice tomato juice, etc., place a few blocks under head of bed to elevate the head slightly, drop a few pounds and gave me some samples of prevacid. Problems been gone for over a year now, and I had been dealing with this since college. But like everyone else has already said, if the simple things don't improve it, go get it checked out.

18. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

These sound like some good things to try. It's going to be hard for me to cut out the caffeine, though I need to take off a few pounds and the pop doesn't help. Sometimes my heart does some crazy things, also. I'll just be going about my business and then all of a sudden my heart will stop for what would be about two beats, then it starts back up pumping very, very hard and slow then will slowly work back to a normal heart rate. Sometimes it will all of a sudden pump very fast for no reason, then does the above-mentioned thing where it stops and starts up beating hard and slow again. A lot of times, it will do it at night about 30 seconds after I lay down on the bed. Other times it's just randomly throughout the day. Saw a doctor about it about 3 or 4 years ago, and he just said cut back on the caffeine, and that he didn't want to do any expensive tests yet if cutting caffeine helped. Maybe if I stop the caffeine now I can kill two birds with one stone. Anybody else's heart do this? It doesn't bother me too much now, but at age 20 I'm kinda worried that I might have more serious problems as I get older.

Are you still on the Prevacid, or have the other suggestions taken care of it for you?

19. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Does your family have any cardiac history?

I would 'slowly' cut way back on the caffeine.(coffee , soda drinks) I say slowly because you don't want to suffer thru any withdrawl .. headaches etc etc. Once you're off it, or greatly reduced, see how your heart does. If it is still loopy, I would suggest wearing a halter monitor for 24 hrs. It records your heart activity over this period and then it can all be assessed by a computer for abnormalites ) of an electrical nature anyway) . If you are experiencing some short runs of tachyarrhythmias, or other wierd ass heart rythms it might be good to deal with them ASAP.

TY

20. 89GASHOG

89GASHOG

Media:
    Albums:
    Those are called premature contractions. They're not uncommon ( I occasionally get them), although your startup symptoms sound a bit unusual. How low is your pulse when it starts up again, and how long does it take to work back to normal? I'm just curious, really. I usually get one or two harder beats, then go right back to normal. If these episodes become more frequent or prolonged, it might be worthwhile having it checked out. Cut out the caffeine and perhaps increase your aerobic exercise activity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.