Weird clunk after shutting driver side rear door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This one is really strange, I noticed it today when my kid got out of the back seat, when he slammed the door, about 1 second after there was a clunk from just under that side of the truck, and I swear I felt the AHC go down slightly. It was in neutral height mode. I immediately put it in High mode, and it adjusted up with no issues. I don't see anything strange under the frame. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

I thought i heard the same noise when the passenger side door was closed a couple days ago, but there was no AHC movement just the clunk.

Have you opened and closed the door a few times to duplicate the sound?

For the longest time I had a sound under the truck as I was shutting the door. I ended up crawling under the truck and fenagling myself to open and close the door with my foot while looking for the sound. Ended up being a missing bolt on the plastic underbody shield and the plastic was rattling.

I'm pretty sure now it was the AHC pump under that side. Both my kids had just gotten out that side so maybe it kicked on to adjust for the weight change?

Try shifting from D to R and back again with your foot on the brake. Cluck, it's likely play in hub flange. Possibly front diff bushings.

My door check mechanism made a funny noise as it became sticky and eventually ripped itself loose. Worth a check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom