Weight Watchers - The over GVWR thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
I stopped at a weight station on the way home from the Lonestar Texas Toyota Jamboree to get a front/rear weight.

Since I was out of the truck and standing beside the scales, the total running weight will be ~7,200 lbs. This has been my standing weight estimate when loaded for a trip or camping.

How many members are running over GVWR?

1651444060693.png
o

But how much of that is mud? 😉

182022C1-AEEE-4A77-8713-825B55F724DE.jpeg

7D0419ED-9B17-4215-AC07-3A7D6FA8D34D.jpeg

I stopped at a weight station on the way home from the Lonestar Texas Toyota Jamboree to get a front/rear weight.

Since I was out of the truck and standing beside the scales, the total running weight will be ~7,200 lbs. This has been my standing weight estimate when loaded for a trip or camping.

How many members are running over GVWR?

View attachment 2997259o

I've hit 6850 or so, but I'm not sure what it is with the SAS now. Wouldn't change a thing.

1651445204815.png

Wowzer- carrying ballast weight in the hull?

Going off memory mine weighed in just at 6500lbs ~ that is packed with full camp gear, full fridge and tools for travel to the San Juans

It's been a long time but I've weighed road cars on truck scales and on corner scales at the race track and got two very different numbers... I trust the corner weight method more.

if you have AHC, you can save well over 100 lbs by getting rid of all the components attached to the frame. I was shocked at how heavy the accumulators were X4

if you have AHC, you can save well over 100 lbs by getting rid of all the components attached to the frame. I was shocked at how heavy the accumulators were X4
Yep.. They have been removed.

What is our GVWR - 6850 sounds about right for 2002 LC

I'm at 6200 with a full tank and myself in the driver seat. ( + / - 50 lb scale )

Loaded for a camp trip I will add another 200 lbs of people / animal + another ( max ) 500lbs in gear. I figure all for a camp trip I am probably around 7k lbs.

What do we worry about once we start getting at weights closer to 7k lbs? Well stopping power for one...center of gravity....heating up tires that aren't rated for the weight....sagging suspension.... Most of these issues are reminded buy most owners with e rated tires and beefier suspension.

1651779899503.png

Toyota engineers, can you comment on your factor of safety used in design and fabrication? We need to know how much she can *really* take. Thanks

Loaded with two passengers on the last trip to the San Juans we weighed in at ~7,600 lbs.

I love my Section 179(a) Land Cruiser.

Mine rang in at 7560 lbs with bikes and a family of 5!

20220716_180315.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom