Weight of the Hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.willenosphotography.com
Getting ready to start the install of the Poison Spider louvered hood panel. I know the hood can't be very heavy. However it is just my wife and I that will be taking it off and she is not biggest female on the planet! So just to avoid an "oh s**t" and damaged paint on the cowling and rear of the hood.. it would be nice to know ahead of time if I need to wait until I have more heavy duty help?

Awkward I already know.. so now to know what it roughly weighs??

Last edited:
It is probably 60-65lbs I would guess. A lot of the weight is masked by the gas struts.

Getting ready to start the install of the Poison Spider louvered hood panel. I know the hood can't be very heavy. However it is just my wife and I that will be taking it off and she is not biggest female on the planet! So just to avoid an "oh s**t" and damaged paint on the cowling and rear of the hood.. it would be nice to know ahead of time if I need to wait until I have more heavy duty help?

Awkward I already know.. so now to know what it roughly weighs??

I took one off on the part out I am doing I agree the struts do disguise the weight of it but I was able to move it by myself just don't take all the supports out without something supporting it, two people should be able to remove it without issue I would think

Thanks a bunch @scottryana and @shoresoccer13. I knew the gas struts were masking the weight.. hence my question. If I would have guessed.. would of figured 50 lbs. Enough that with a "little person" helping out.. it could get out of hand. I will rig an overhead support before those bolts come out. Something just to give us a little bit of a safety edge. My paint is in pretty good shape as well as the sheet metal and I sure would like to keep it that way!! Thanks again!

Something I've done since pulling cars apart as a kid is put pine blocks between bonnet and cowl when removing the bonnet. Makes it easier to remove if there's only one person and saves the chance of chipping paint even if there's two!

My daughter and I removed mine. Should be fine. Getting it back on and lined up is the bigger challenge, but doable. I'd ask a neighbor to help prop it in place while your wife tightens the bolts. I never had more than one helper, but every time thought "another set of hands would be good."

Thanks a bunch @scottryana and @shoresoccer13. I knew the gas struts were masking the weight.. hence my question. If I would have guessed.. would of figured 50 lbs. Enough that with a "little person" helping out.. it could get out of hand. I will rig an overhead support before those bolts come out. Something just to give us a little bit of a safety edge. My paint is in pretty good shape as well as the sheet metal and I sure would like to keep it that way!! Thanks again!

Where are you located in Orygun

@shocktower.. we are in the recently booming metropolis of Salem. Then as of the the first of the year headed out to live along highway 395. Looks like you are just a stones throw away. Well maybe not a stones throw.. how about a slingshot's worth!

@shocktower.. we are in the recently booming metropolis of Salem. Then as of the the first of the year headed out to live along highway 395. Looks like you are just a stones throw away. Well maybe not a stones throw.. how about a slingshot's worth!

I was about to offer my assistance but am in Hillsboro...

Yeah @zonker about an hour

Maybe those of us Orygonyun's should meet up sometime. But not until after I finish installing the controversial louvered hood panel. And here I thought I had the only 80 in all of Oregon.. Sheesh!

Maybe those of us Orygonyun's should meet up sometime. But not until after I finish installing the controversial louvered hood panel. And here I thought I had the only 80 in all of Oregon.. Sheesh!

Most definitely!

That would be awesome to meet up.

Let's get a weekend on the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom