Weight of completely stripped 80 body. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was wondering if any body knows what the weight of a completely gutted and stripped w no door 80 body is or knows if it can be pulled from the body by 4-6 people.

Not sure but a few come a longs will probably be safer and easier than trying to lift it with 4-6 people.

I would not suggest doing this, they are a bit top heavy, and you are very likely to have an imbalance, and drop it, and a gutted body probaly weighs more like #800 +, if you can, take it to a lift, and remove it that way, you might kill or maim, someone, I have removed 3 bodies and they are unruly

Thanks for the input. My body lifting experience is with a much smaller and lighter Samurai tub. Thats why i wanted to ask the experts. If I pull it I'll build a lifting rig to do it.

Forklift. Take the doors off (or roll down the windows).

Look up @shocktower 's thread where he took off the body to do an engine swap. Shows how he supported it as well. Kind of a cool, out-of-the-box process.

Look up @shocktower 's thread where he took off the body to do an engine swap. Shows how he supported it as well. Kind of a cool, out-of-the-box process.

I have been practicing, the lift button squat, I am hoping the put it in the Olympics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom