Weight of a 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the stock weight of a FJ60 and a
BJ60? Also what is the stock horsepower rating on the 3FE?

Thanks

FAWKING HEAVY!:D

:beer:

Chicago

Anyone know the stock weight of a FJ60 and a
BJ60? Also what is the stock horsepower rating on the 3FE?
Thanks

Curb weight of a stock 60 is 4246 lbs and hp of a stock 3FE is 155@4000rpm.

My 62 lightly loaded with no passengers or driver, full of fuel runs right around 5700 lbs. This comes from numerous trips to the scales at the dump. I suspect that a BJ60 would not be much different
As for stock HP on my 3FE originally 155 at 4000 rpm with 220 ft lbs of torque at 3000 rpm

More about the weight of my 62. I checked the door sticker and the gross vehicle weight rating is 5620 lbs. The owners manual only allows 950 lbs for passengers and cargo which gives a weight for my 62 of 4670 lbs. I doubt a stock 62 outweighs a 60 by 424 lbs.

I could not find a curb weight in my owners manual or the factory service manual, maybe I missed it but I will keep looking. Curb weights can be misleading. Sometimes manufacturers leave off things like the spare and fluids. 23 gallons of fuel, 2 gallons of motor oil, almost 2 gallons of diff and transfer case oil, 4 gallons of ATF, 5 gallons of coolant and a spare with rim. Add those numbers up. The only way to get an accurate weight is to take it to a certified scale which I plan to do someday. The dump scale could be off but I doubt by much.

As for extras on my rig
Ramsey RE 8000 winch on a custom bumper
Hi-lift jack and shovel on the roof rack
Spare tire and 5 gallon jerry can (full) hidden 6000 lb Rule winch and hitch receiver on a custom bumper
Lots of tools, some spare parts, fixed compressor and recovery gear in a custom storage box
and these are on my rig at all times (which wil account for quite a bit of extra lbs.)

I did change my rear axle over to a full float (for weight carrying ability and other reasons) and for the 33's I run I changed the gears over to 4.88's to match my original specs for tire size to gear ratio. Power and RPM's are back where they should be.

There is way too much bs, sarcasm and ridicule in some of these threads. How about some facts and constructive comments. So to repeat the immortal words of Chicago... Fawking Heavy!

P.S. I would like to know what the Gross Vehicle Axle Weight Rating is on the door sticker says for a factory installed full float in a B/H/F 60/61/62.

I agree that sometimes there might be too much sarcasm or ridicule in these tech threads, but regarding this thread, every truck has a different weight. Different weight fluids will increase / decrease your weight, what size tires you're running, a larger pinion gear will affect it, full or empty with fuel, how many spares you carry, etc. There are too many variables.

The only way to get a definitive answer as to how much your rig weighs is to go to a weigh station and weigh it as BlueHTZJ60 did in the thread link that I posted.

More about the weight of my 62. I checked the door sticker and the gross vehicle weight rating is 5620 lbs. The owners manual only allows 950 lbs for passengers and cargo which gives a weight for my 62 of 4670 lbs. I doubt a stock 62 outweighs a 60 by 424 lbs.

I could not find a curb weight in my owners manual or the factory service manual, maybe I missed it but I will keep looking. Curb weights can be misleading. Sometimes manufacturers leave off things like the spare and fluids. 23 gallons of fuel, 2 gallons of motor oil, almost 2 gallons of diff and transfer case oil, 4 gallons of ATF, 5 gallons of coolant and a spare with rim. Add those numbers up. The only way to get an accurate weight is to take it to a certified scale which I plan to do someday. The dump scale could be off but I doubt by much.

As for extras on my rig
Spare tire and 5 gallon jerry can (full) hidden 6000 lb Rule winch and hitch receiver on a custom bumper
Lots of tools, some spare parts, fixed compressor and recovery gear in a custom storage box
and these are on my rig at all times (which wil account for quite a bit of extra lbs.)

I did change my rear axle over to a full float (for weight carrying ability and other reasons) and for the 33's I run I changed the gears over to 4.88's to match my original specs for tire size to gear ratio. Power and RPM's are back where they should be.

There is way too much bs, sarcasm and ridicule in some of these threads. How about some facts and constructive comments. So to repeat the immortal words of Chicago... Fawking Heavy!

P.S. I would like to know what the Gross Vehicle Axle Weight Rating is on the door sticker says for a factory installed full float in a B/H/F 60/61/62.

Now I understand why your's weighs so much. I thought it was a typo.......
IIRC, the official curb weight for my 62 is 4460 lbs (or 4640?), the last time I took a load to the dump, it weighed in at 5150 lbs empty except for me (so say 4980 lbs). It has a bullbar, an 8274, and OME suspension, none of which seemed particularly light when I was slinging them around and installing.

As for the sarcasm, a lot of us start jesting a fair bit once we get comfortable on mud, the pure tech gets dry. Most of it stays in chat, but a bit of color seeps out. When I first ventured into chat, I thought it was a complete bloodbath. Now I kind of like it, and realize that most of the usual characters are actually good friends, with no blood left on the floor.

Last edited:
I thought 5700 seemed unreasably high to answer the posted question "Anyone know the stock weight of a FJ60..."

Now I get it... doesnt answer the thread question but explains 5700.

As for extras on my rig

I am inspired to weigh my truck now, I am relying on curb weights from a spec sheet. There is a scale near my office, I will see if they will let me put my near stock 62 on it (only add-on is 33s and shackles). I will post results if/when I get them.

Opps Duped my post... Mod please make it go away TNKX

I encourage all of you to put your rigs on a truck scale. My expo rig is 6400 LBS with me in it but w/o Jerry Cans on the back of the 4+ bumper. I have OME Heavy's, longfileds (in+out) and Poly Pro's on the rear. I have also upgreded the brakes on the front to slotted discs with creamic pads for added brakes. It is common for an expo rig with drawers, ARB front bumper, Rear 4+ Bumpers Winch, RTT..etc to be in that weight range.

I'll expect to change out rear bearings more often but I doubt I'll brake the PP axels in the back under non-extreme conditions.

I also just spent time at Drity Toy School keeping up with a bunch of new FJ's and my rig with it's load went everywhere they did, and took all the punishement Bill Burke could dish out for me.

These machines are great and they take a lot and are ready for more !!!

Mark

My OME equiped 60 with a 350 (probably a weight loss when compared to a 2F) an H55F and 35" tires tipped the scales at the recycle yard at 4800 pounds. I have since swapped the gear boxes and rear axle and I suspect it weighs more now. Ironicly, the cargo in the Land Cruiser when I put it on the scales, was the unsalvageable remnants of my BMW's engine that grenaded on the interstate. She was a fine running car... untill she blew up. And guess what towed the dead Bimmer and carried its replacement engine at the same time. Long live the Land Cruiser!

my hj61 with factory bull bar and winch, 31" tyres, toolbox full 90litre tank and myself weighed in at 2520kg. take off 100kg for me, 15kg for bigger tyres, 20 kg for toolbox and its 2385kg = 5258lbs

cheers
gerard

my hj61 with factory bull bar and winch, 31" tyres, toolbox full 90litre tank and myself weighed in at 2520kg. take off 100kg for me, 15kg for bigger tyres, 20 kg for toolbox and its 2385kg = 5258lbs

cheers
gerard

Does your HJ have a factory full float? I am looking for a weight rating

yep, full float and front and rear diff locks

Could you possibly tell me the Gross Axle Weight Rating for the rear axle from your door sticker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom