Weight of a 40 frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have an approximate figure on the weight of a 40 frame?

I don't know but I'm guessing in the three hunderd pound plus range. I've got one in my garage that I have to move every now and then. Pretty soon I'm going to move it to the recycler.

John

Are you moving the frame alone? What i am getting at here is I am ready to pull the tub and sandblast and fix the frame and I want to know if i can manhandle the thing around the garage myself.

I moved mine around, on & off jack stands & flipping it over by myself. You have to move one end at a time and it is still pretty heavy. If I had to move it any distance,I had a low flatbed trailer that I used.

I used one of those 4 wheel furniture dollys under one end of the frame with me on the other to scoot it around the shop. If I were to go through that again I would build a cart to hold the frame up at working height to make life easier. It's well worth the cost and effort and will come in handy for all sorts of other projects later.

HTH,
Nick

I loaded mine in the back of my pick-up by myself (wife backed up and pulled truck out). It not very hard to lift one end high enough to get it in the truck!

Nocents

well, with your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody...

Seriously though Ian, holler at a brother and I'd be glad to come by and help you move that frame. Based on what everyone has said above, I think two people could probably handle it.

Quote: bandy rooster

you have to take in the account of what its made from dudes...

you have to know the density of rust

I see all this posts about rust, could someone tell me was this rust is.

I've had a frame in my garage for last ten years. I wouldn't being hanging on to this thing if it wasn't straight and rust free. I keep hoping to find away of getting this thing back east cheap. I know a couple of people who could use it.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom