Weight distribution each wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 Stock Toy LC.

Does anyone know how much curb weight is on each wheel?

The 1999 specs were 51%/49% front/rear, at least according to what was published and available for reference on the www at that time. 2002 should be close to that. With a curb weight of 5500lb, you can do the math.

BTW, that is darn well-balanced, considering the vehicle class. :)

F/R might not change much, but L/R might change a bit with fuel. 25.4 x 6 = 152.4 lbs, all on the left side. Plop a tall :princess: in the passenger seat, it will all balance out. ;)

Thnx for that.

I guess I'll be OK.

I can assume the LX weighs more than the LC. My curb weight is listed as 5122 or something like that. Your LX adds up to a lot more than that, I was surprised. That's also why I was wondering about how accurate the curb weight listings are.

I want to buy a MaxJak for work on my 3 cars. My concern was for the LC. The limit on the Jack is 6000# and 1500# on each wheel. It is I'm sure specced well over this, but wanted to make sure I was within the limits listed for the jack since those things scare the hell out of me.

I think back to what I did under cars in my 20's, and wonder how young males ever get to 30! The jackstands I use to use, I wouldn't use today under a lawnmower!

A number of years ago, one of the little spots welds holding those stands together rusted apart in my garage and it was an eye openener for me. Age and wisdom are eye openers as well! Unfortunately, about the time we start to really understand the world, we're done here.

Here's the Jack I am looking at:

MaxJack

Unless you know how much the lift manufacturer derated the jack, it would be best to add some margin to rated capacity. I personally would not feel comfortable with a jack or lift rated at say 110% of actual weight, I would want rating of at least 2x actual weight on jack.

Keep in mind that actual peak (dynamic) loads may be significantly more than basic weight (static load) when load is being lifted/lowered/etc., due to dynamic accelerations. (What do you think happens to load forces/stresses when vehicle is dropped unceremoniously on to jackstands?) And also, some of the derating margin is intended to cover potential manufacturing "variations" in jack/lift system components.

Unless you know how much the lift manufacturer derated the jack, it would be best to add some margin to rated capacity. I personally would not feel comfortable with a jack or lift rated at say 110% of actual weight, I would want rating of at least 2x actual weight on jack.

Keep in mind that actual peak (dynamic) loads may be significantly more than basic weight (static load) when load is being lifted/lowered/etc., due to dynamic accelerations. (What do you think happens to load forces/stresses when vehicle is dropped unceremoniously on to jackstands?) And also, some of the derating margin is intended to cover potential manufacturing "variations" in jack/lift system components.

Right, the reason why I am asking the question. I called them and they said no problem. There are certifying standards where these Jacks are supposed to be over rated by "some" margin.

If the LC is at 5122 or whatever it was curb weight, then I would be at 85% rated capacity.

There are some guys lifting 4800# with levels on the arms and towers showing no deflection. There are also some Jack failure videos during load testing that are pretty uply. These Jacks have been out for about 2 years now and other than some leaks, no failures. Which is how you would think it should be.

I was mainly wanting to know the weight of a stock 2002 LC.

If you ever put some accessories on your rig, the MaxJack wouldn't be able to handle it. As the weight thread showed, a rig can end up way over 6000# with bull bar, rear bar, two spare wheels, long range tank etc.

My truck is about 3200 Kg with full tanks and me in it. Say 3120 Kg just with full tanks. That's 6878#. Even emptying the fuel tanks wouldn't make it safe.

I had to have the truck lifted once when out on a trip, fully loaded. A 3.5 tonne lift owned by a heavy machinery maintenance shop struggled to raise the truck, and the owner decided to use his pit to do the actual repair work rather than risk busting it.

I would also be worried about the truck tipping, if say you removed both front wheels at the same time, then had to do some heavy wrenching under the front.

I think MaxJack is made for regular cars, although it may handle large cars. Perhaps if you had two of them, and used them as a four point lift it would be okay.

If you ever put some accessories on your rig, the MaxJack wouldn't be able to handle it. As the weight thread showed, a rig can end up way over 6000# with bull bar, rear bar, two spare wheels, long range tank etc.

My truck is about 3200 Kg with full tanks and me in it. Say 3120 Kg just with full tanks. That's 6878#. Even emptying the fuel tanks wouldn't make it safe.

I had to have the truck lifted once when out on a trip, fully loaded. A 3.5 tonne lift owned by a heavy machinery maintenance shop struggled to raise the truck, and the owner decided to use his pit to do the actual repair work rather than risk busting it.

I would also be worried about the truck tipping, if say you removed both front wheels at the same time, then had to do some heavy wrenching under the front.

I think MaxJack is made for regular cars, although it may handle large cars. Perhaps if you had two of them, and used them as a four point lift it would be okay.

Accessories won't be an ever option for me.

The 1999 specs were 51%/49% front/rear, at least according to what was published and available for reference on the www at that time. 2002 should be close to that. With a curb weight of 5500lb, you can do the math.

BTW, that is darn well-balanced, considering the vehicle class. :)

LX-470s have a layer of Fat on them!

1999 Lexus LX 470 Specs

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Specs

I'm going to call the company and talk to them about the design.

Thanx for the info!

Jacks in general scare the hell out of me.

I may see if I can find a Racer setup place who has one of those snazzy 4 wheel scales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom