1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weigh in!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 72FJ40LandCruiser, Aug 25, 2006.

1. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I know there's been some guys on here trying to lose weight and tracking each other goals. I just started trying to lose some weight about 3 weeks ago when I peaked at 216 pounds. I'm a little over 6'1". Now I've dropped 14 pounds and am down to 202 pounds, and I can't say that I've even put a ton of effort into it. A sandwich when I get hungry, and if I'm not hungry when I get home from work I don't eat. Drink lots of water. Now that I've dropped these easy pounds, I think the next 20 pounds (to get back down to 180 which is what I weighed when I moved here 2 years ago) will be tougher. I'm going to have to start doing the 6 small, healthy meals a day to keep my metabolism cranking.

How's everybody else coming along?

2. OLDGOAT

OLDGOAT

I started on 7/17, when I tipped the scales at 257 lbs. (I'm 6'0"). I began by limiting my daily intake to 1500 calories and 20 grams fat.

In 2 weeks I lost 20 lbs. I then increased my intake to 1800 calories, and began to exercise every other morning before work. I dug out my mtn. bike, dusted it off, and ride for 30 min. at a brisk pace, just to get some cardio work. I also go for a hike/jog on Sunday mornings with my dog.

I'm down 30 lbs now, and I've gone from a 40" waist (and that was tight) to a comfortable 36". My goal is to get down to 200 lbs, and have a 34" waist. My playing weight in college (water polo) was 195 lbs. with a 32" waist, but that ain't gonna happen again!

3. Koffer

Koffer

Started on 5/27 at #368 and Im 6'3"
    today (8/25) Im tipping the scales #267
    Yes, thats right #101 so far
    Keep going its very hard but it has been worth it :cheers:

4. Gold Boy

Gold Boy

240#'s @ 6'5"

Hope to get down to 225#'s

:eek:

5. Max.Powerzz

Max.Powerzz Cruisers and Art!

Koffer, what diet are you doing?

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

X2...well I wish, great job! Care to share what your normal daily eating routine is (have to plan something to only eat 1500 calories/day IMO, curious what you're eating)? I'm almost exactly your pre-loss person (5'11", ~248lbs, 40" waist, etc)...

:cheers:

7. Hot_Eighty_Chick

Hot_Eighty_Chick

I'm next!!!!!
    I just want to drop 15 pounds though- but that can be as frustrating as a lot of weight because it's reallllllllly stubborn.

8. David Clayton

David Clayton

Weight

5' 11" 235lbs

Just started working out been at it one month lost about 5 lbs. I haven't changed my diet other than adding creatine. I'm looking to put on some muscle and then try to slim down. I would like to be @ 220 with some definition around the arms, chest and shoulders.

9. Jon in NC

Jon in NC

Back in the spring/early summer I tipped the scales at an al time high of 315 (5'-10", but I wear it well :flipoff2: ). The beginning of August I was down to 288 without any effort on my part except a slight reduction in consumption. Then the family went on vacation to the beach and now I'm back to 290. But I now have a free hour a day to hit the gym.

10. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

Still hovering around the 180 mark :frown: I need to get going again... i will start cycling to work next week which will give me 12mi a day :D :D :D :D

11. oldIron

oldIron

Dropped about 20 lbs a few years ago and put on muscle. The key is eating right, drinking a lot of H2O and weight as well as cardio traning. I did a program called Body for Life which has a web site and follows a book by Bill Phillip's of the same name. Buy the book, skip all the sappy personal accounts in the beginning, read the program and practice it. I lost my weight in 12 weeks, but the better part was that I lost body fat. I need to get back into the program to drop a stubborn 15 pounds as well, but it worked great for me. YOu actually do not drop weight fast since you are building muscle as well as loosing fat. Muscle burns more calories so it is important to lift as well as cardio. I am 5'9", 172 lbs, want to get to about 160 range with body fat under 10%. A personal goal of mine for a long time. :cheers:

12. LukeO

LukeO

As usual I spend 40-60 minutes (4-5 days a week) in the weightroom, no heavy lifting anymore due to torn Rcuffs/buldging disc/torn pec/delts/ anterior ligs/separated ribs and so on) and I only take a max of 60 seconds in between sets, but usually 40 seconds to keep the heart beating, pullups/dips/situps everyday regardless to which muscle group.

Then as usual (all summer so far) I've been running 7-15 miles a day, usually 7 during the weekdays, or twice a day, depends, plus usually pushing my 3 year old daughter. Preferably while the heat index has been in the 100's and a few early 4 am runs on either asphalt and or singletrack.

I've bee hitting the Green narrows (whitewater kayaking) as often as possible on the weekends too, but not for the last two weekends though and occasionaly mtbing.

And with all of this plus work and whatever else, I'm still stuck in the 220-225 range as I like to eat often and a lot, being 6'3". As usual August is almost over and my appetite is coming back.

I'm considering running a ultra marathon this winter, if so I will be dropping some weight again, but likely only down to 215.

13. brian

brian SILVER Star

yeah. i'd like in on that one as well.
    just over 6'.
    250#s
    38'' waist.

i'd be happy with just a 20lb loss.

14. Zimm

Zimm

\

some chicks loose too much. you need to post up bikini pics from various angles so we can come to a consensus at to when to cool it.

we're willing to sacrafice for your good.

15. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

:eek: :eek:

Man, thats great :cheers:

16. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

The shame of it is, is those 15 lbs will come right off the top. All you'll do is drop a cup size.

17. Zimm

Zimm

....speak no evil....

18. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    carefull if your poor he may want you to starve to death:D

19. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    im in the same boat.but im happy with myself:D they say im getting to be a big bastard with all of this industrial work im doing

20. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

5'10" 200lbs
    Was around 188lbs last month for a bike race in the Rockies.
    Hope to be 215lbs by x-mass and benching 350 again.
    I have decided that it is easier for me to lift than it is to lose weight.
    Best of luck to you guys!

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">