1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Wheeling in VA - Pics

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Expeditions' started by Felix, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Felix

Felix

A buddy and I did some wheeling in the GWNF last Sunday, and I thought I'd share. Really, this is just an excuse to use my newly acquired skill of embedding pictures. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Felix

Felix

Obligatory flex shots. . . :grinpimp: More pics here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. freightdog

freightdog

Nice 40! Nice 62 -

Looks like fun - living in the south west - I do not remember the green stuff on the ground - I think it is called grass...

4. Felix

Felix

Thanks, f-dog.

Yeah we have some grass, but what are those big, hard things you guys drive around on out there? You know, the stuff that doesn't take and hour and a half to clean out from under your rig. . .

5. Stonewall

Stonewall

Good Stuff Felix....nice to see someone putting Land Cruisers to good use in here in Virginia. I enjoyed the pics. Thanks.

6. BlueCruiser84

BlueCruiser84 SILVER Star

that's salt shed again right? Chris(thegr8doughboy) and i might be headin up there again soon if you wanna come. I know it's kinda a long drive but i just thought i'd offer. Nice pics by the way.

Brian

7. Felix

Felix

Yep, Salt Shed again. The water was lower this time, but the trail seemed more difficult. We played around for a while on those steep hill climbs that go off the left as you head up towards the reservoir. Plus, we headed down that trail that goes off to the left when you get to the res., and it took us to through the woods to an interesting little rock climb.

Thanks for the invite, but I gotta take a break for a while from the 70+ dollars in gas round trip. I'll be on vacation soon, too. I do want to get down there again sometime next month, though.

8. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

I'm up for another ride sometime, we should get something going again before its get colder. someone outta start a new thread at some point and we can plan something out. I'm headed to OBX friday morning though...cya suckers

9. Felix

Felix

Colder? It doesn't get cold enough to worry about around here until Nov or Dec. I'll be happy when it cools off some in late Sept/Oct. And a snow run or two in the winter would be cool!

EDIT: does it get colder sooner in the mountains?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  10. TheGr8Doughboy

TheGr8Doughboy

Snow run for sure! Sorry I missed out on this one.

Chris

11. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

Felix, one or two more runs before NOv. is what i ment.....possibly more, i just know some of us will start school and it will get harder.. But yes, write me down for a snow run as well.

12. Felix

Felix

Aahh, see when fall comes, I'll have more time for wheeling since every weekend won't be booked solid visiting her famliy, my family, going to this wedding and that shower, etc.

13. 4xBowtie

4xBowtie

Are there alot of trails legal to ride in VA? I live in Connecticut they have closed all the trails I used to use because the dumb kids party and make a mess. We used to clean the mess when we partyed.