Weekend project- Hilift Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nothing hardcore, but it was a chance to use the welder and do some fabwork (and not very expensive either, which is always a bonus!). Now I don't have to worry about killing myself or a passenger on or offroad.
050926hiliftmount 001.jpg
050926hiliftmount 002.jpg
050926hiliftmount 003.jpg

One more pic. Will use hitch pin up top for relatively quick release when needed.
050926hiliftmount 04.jpg

48" jack?

Does that rub your soft top?

Looks secure.

:beer:

Dude that is bad ass. Got a buddy with some hardcore angle iron we were tryin to figure out something to do with it...Looks like I've found out what I'm gonna do with it!

Its just short enough not to rub the bikini top I have on it right now, and it does help that I've only got a 48" jack. If I get the longer one, this setup won't work.

The plan is to use hitch pins, possibly put some polyurethane spacers to prevent rattling as well.

Thanks guys.

pipe insulation foam is the el cheapo de-rattler for a hi-lift.

Thanks guys! The angle of the pics makes that pin look alot worse than it is- its far enough out of the way that shouldn't be an issue. As far as the 60", I've yet to max out my 48", but I also don't do alot of hardcore trails. This might change after I go SOA...

Nice work!! That gives me some ideas!!!!!

Props Mad Chemist!

Looks nice. Nylon fender washers and wing-nuts might be another option for rattle free, easy access. Just my .02...

Clean install, looks great.

Rezarf <><

Not much, a little electricity to run my welder, a few bolts and some scrap steel I had lying around. Maybe 10 bucks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom