Weekend of LC work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Weekend of LC work (now finished)

I have been working WAY too much and Sid (the 100) was feeling neglected. To rectify the situation I called Christo....you can imagine the rest. Today I took off and started on the fun projects. Still have the rear to do this weekend. Everything went pretty well except for the turn signals in the bumper. I must have missed something, seems like they rattled around a lot so I left them off for now.

I did need to adjust the T bars after the bumper and winch install. I had lost about 1/2" in the front.
003-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

008.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Good luck finishing up over the weekend. :beer:

Nice. As much of a PITA as it was to line up the bar on the support I'm going to regret not installing a winch the first time.

You are absolutely right! My GF helped hold the bar in place while I was scrambling around underneath trying to get the bolts started. I am glad she likes me....if she would have dropped the bumper with the winch in it....

Could i please see a close up shot of the ARB front recovery things (if there are any) before ya put the plastic pieces on?

Thanks

There aren't any recovery hooks on the 100 series bar, you reuse the OEM thin tabs and loose the large hook on the PS side. I'd maybe use the tabs to hold the truck to a wrecker deck, but don't know about a hard yank with a strap.

Gotcha!

I am torn between the ARB Combo and The TJM

I prefer the ARB but dont care for the plastic pieces bulging off the front. Any good pics of rigs without that?

The '03+ ARB combo bar also looks fine without the front rubber parts except for a few small screw holes. As of the past couple years, all Aussie made bumpers are required to have a smooth front without sharp protrusions for sake of pedestrians. So, if they have recovery points, they would need to be recessed or possibly behind some kind of rubber covering.

Awesome! Great to see more 100s getting built!

Finished with the rear bumper this afternoon....with helper. Great quality product! Went much smoother than the front.
004-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

Fun stuff man..... like your dog. We also have a GSD.

Looks GREAT, Gear Guy! :clap: Did the Slee rear come black or did you have it painted or powder coated?

Looks GREAT, Gear Guy! :clap: Did the Slee rear come black or did you have it painted or powder coated?

Thanks, and both came the colors that you see. I am looking for a set of LX 16" wheels that I will paint black to complete the look.

That looks awesome! I gotta get me one of those Slee rear bumpers!

Thanks, and both came the colors that you see. I am looking for a set of LX 16" wheels that I will paint black to complete the look.

That'll be a good look...thinking the same thing myself. Just have to find a deal on an extra set of wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom