Webmaster-designer-maintainer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TOY350

#1 Super Guy
SILVER Star
Threads
First off- Thanks to Brian for getting the website off the ground, up and running and keeping it available for all to see.

Now- With no offense to Brian, we need to have someone maintain this site and set it up with features now. We think Brian is too busy to be burdened with this project and we don't want him to feel pressured to keep doing it.

This can not wait until our next meeting, we need to move forward now so at our next meeting we can talk about adding, changing or deleting things from our website.

Does anyone here have the ability, the time and the willingness to take this on? Will need things to be designed on the site, will need you to able to make changes within a day or so of board's decision to do so. It might take quite a bit of effort at the beginning but shouldn't be bad once it's streamlined.

We want to be able to send vendors, prospective members and others to the site and have them really get a feel of what our club is about. We want the site to be enticing so they either want to join or have us host a link to their website in exchange for raffle goods or discounts to members.

Comments please...

Last edited:
I have some know how, especially with Gabe and Travis's help to move forward with it.

I can't speak for them, but Gabe and I have chatted many times on it. And last time Travis came to dinner at Gabe's we talked some more.

I have a limited skill set in web html etc, but love design and want to actively make our JSC worthy :)

Again Brian - Zero Offense, but I agree with Garret on getting this site up to the next level.

I don't have any know how, but would love to learn and currently have plenty of time. I thought about buying the idiot's guide to web design..or was it web design for idiots... whatever you know what I meant.

Hopefully Brian has enough time to check out this thread so we can get his input as well; it's our assumption he is too busy but we don't want to speak for him. Maybe he just needs some help or maybe he just wants to lend some help to someone else doing it.

Ty- If you are willing then that is a great start.

Between Gabe and I we can get you started right up :)

I think once the shell and general design are done (regardless of if we use what is there or not), IF designed right it will be relatively easy to update. Some new content emails/threads/etc are sent.... One of use will update the site, and off we go.

Ground work on the site will be the key. Im a Flash type of guy, Gabe knows the code side of things, Travis wants to learn..... It should be that hard to make a pretty sweet site.

I PM'd Brian and sent an Email after our meeting. Again zero offense B- but we need access to the website for changes. User/Pass/link type of thing. Where its hosted? If it should stay there or I can move it somewhere for nothing.

Cool. I can setup hosting as well if he / or you guys want. I have various companies including ourselves to donate to the cause.

Donations are gratiously accepted...

Far less work for G double tizzle too :)

i have a little knowledge
do several sites now
and i also do hosting :)

Lets the ball rolling! :D

here are some of the previous threads on the web site

Tyler had a good suggestion of using some Jalbum software for the pict gallerys
i have used some Jalbum and kind of like them, but i also prefer the control i have using my own html :)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-jefferson-state-cruisers/262853-website-gallery.html

here we come up with some ideas, some came to fruit and some did not
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-jefferson-state-cruisers/250876-couple-website-face-lifts.html

here is the final results of the logo decisions i think :)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-jefferson-state-cruisers/235014-jeffersonstatecruisers-com.html

more then 2 people working on the web site will be cumbersome
all the changes are done on your computer and
you keep a complete backup of everything you do on your own computer
then you upload it to the net

Just let me know what I can do to help.

So.... No update?

I've offered what I can. Sorry, don't know where to go from here. I can donate bandwidth, storage and work with whoever on the site, design, but I can't "code". I can play with Flash, but that means limited mobile avail. However there is alt. interface for that.

Just let me know how I can assist. Or just someone run with it to get it going! :)

Has anyone spoken to Brian recently?

There has been some contact but no resolution as of yet.

For what a vote is worth it sounds like Ty has a good place to move it to. It sounds like the "server?" (ore whatever web pages are stored on) has what we need. He can grant user access as well as enough storage for our content...

Ok, regardless of what ever direction we go or who hosts it. I have this.

Mass bandwidth with failover (2x 45mb + 1x 10mb EOC). The site will sit on a HA SAN and wil be backed up every 10mins off site. I can create whatever accounts need be for updating. We will not run out of storage, so whatever floats. Currently its running IIS 6.5. Before any of the M$ haters jump on me, I can build to suite a Linux/Unix/?? whatever to meet our needs.

THE downside to this is it is hosted at our office, so if someone at our company decides to reboot something or make changes we could have some downtime. We are not a hosting company, but have the resources. If you can live with that, then its free (donated hosting).

I also am not pushing in any way to host it. If like mentioned before someone has some bandwidth, storage and control over it for free or donated thats cool too. :)

It really makes no difference to me. Just offering what I have to give.

The "space" and site is already built on the backend and I can give whomever access for the transfer or whatever. Guess my point is its there if wanted.

Sorry for some of the techno talk, but thought it was valid.

eeeeeaaasy now egghead:flipoff2:

just kiddin'

man there are some big brains here in the intraweb, I bow to your mad skillz!:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom