weber guys: need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
ok, got a "small" problem.
weber38 on a 2F.
changing headers this morning, i broke my throttle cable housing.
problem is i have NO idea what kind of cable it is(PO mod), i do know it's not a weber cable. thought it might have been a vw cable(PO was into them also) but it's not.

not paying 100 bucks for a weber cable with the pedal. pretty sure i have an oem pedal. can get just the cable for 20ish though

what type of cable do you guys run?

I have the original weber casing with a modified garage door cable inside it. Serious booty fab, but ultra heavy duty. Throttle cables are pretty universal for carbs though, I would check your local speed shop. You could get a trick lokar cable for 100 bones.

On the 1972 FJ40 I had a Weber on I used the original stuff, on my FJ60 I used the one from TPI until I got sick of breaking them and modified my OEM linkage to fit.

Original cable running on my weber38 on my stock 2F. Just booty fab it up.

AndrewT

NJFJ40 said:
Original cable running on my weber38 on my stock 2F. Just booty fab it up.

AndrewT

:confused: 73-84, 40's had a rod linkage dealy, not a cable.
dealing with a 77 that has long ago been removed of it's oem linkage.

brian said:
:confused: 73-84, 40's had a rod linkage dealy, not a cable.
dealing with a 77 that has long ago been removed of it's oem linkage.

Yes - correct. Rod linkage for accelerator. But manual choke was cable hook-up on my old 1980 FJ40. The old choke cable is about the same as the weber cable (the cable itself atleast - not the housing - weber housing seemed bigger). Didn't need the manual choke cable as my Weber has e-choke.

Maybe I missed what you are trying to do here. :doh:

AndrewT

You can go to www.jtoutfitters.com and purchase just the cable for I believe $19.95, I have purchased two myself. They bolt up to the fire wall and hook right into the pedal. I believe you go under engine performance-to weber parts and accerssories. Anyway it's somewhere on that page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom