Weber Carb kit from JtOutfitters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm fixin to order a Weber carb kit for my 72 cruiser. Any input on this company..you think that its a good place to get it from.. There price is 429.95. If not any other suggestions/places to order this...?? thanx im hoping for the best

I would make DAMN SURE that whoever you purchase this from, actually has the piece on hand, as there was an issue for a while with Weber being on strike, and no one being able to get carburetors.

Why are you looking to change carbs?

there is a 32 36 FS in NC in the FS section, don t know the quality,, I have one too but mine for 100$ nees a little work,,,

were going to a new carb, because the frist one was a 74 carb on the 72, then we got a rebuildable carb, which wasnt rebuildable, (cracked aluminum - spelling....) then we took it to our family mechanic, and he tried to set everything else, and said its gone, bad jets, bad everything. so we need a new one, and are not sure where to get it. and the local auto parts stores cant get it. soo, theres our issue

Jonathan / SandRider - (talking for big blue, who has to use my comp for internet)

I can still use your stock carb core for parts to complete other ones, if you decide to get rid of it. One trashed core can still help keep 2-4 other carbs going. A sight glass here, a solenoid there, an airhorn somewhere else. It all adds up.

IIRC, MAF is also a source for Weber carbs.

so do you say i go for it and wish for the best or what...my cruiser is at the shop right now..i had to tow it there and i can't just let it sit there forever. do you think JTO is reliable or is it going to be to risky

i dont know about JTO i dont recall where i got my weber for my cruiser i looked into VW places and there are big in the weber department. i got the 38/38 and man talk about a boost in power i could suddenly peel out on dirt roads it was great. ill never forget how big of a difference it was.

good luck
mike

Mepco 4x4 in SLC is a Weber dealer, not sure if they stock the LC applications, but they are great to work with...

Poser said:
I would make DAMN SURE that whoever you purchase this from, actually has the piece on hand, as there was an issue for a while with Weber being on strike, and no one being able to get carburetors.

Why are you looking to change carbs?

Weber is still up in the air. I sell BMW weber kits, and we haven't been able to get any carbs for over a year. Still no official word on when they will be available again. Most of these kits come prepackaged from the US weber distributor, so whoever has one on the shelf gets my vote. But lots of people here avoid JTO like the plague. I've never bought from them myself.

hi there- just wanted to say we bought aweber 38 fromm jt last fall and it was even better than was expected. had dual fuel cut offs and a provision for return fuel line. worked perfect out the box with no need for a pressure reg. as soom apparently do. good luck.

jim

If You Go Weber

go with the 38mm

32/36's are a kind of a pain to tune .02 ;)

i run a 38mm on my 69/40 love it!!

Here's the short story of my dealings with JTO when I got the Weber for my 64 40:

I was told over the phone that the kit I was purchasing was everything I needed to make it run. Once it was installed, it became obvious that I would have to reconfigure the throttle linkage. I emailed Joe and he told me that I would have to convert to a cable setup. Additional charge for that kit. I told him that's not what his website says and that's not what I was told over the phone. He said he'd look into it.

{elapse 2 weeks of undriveable cruiser}

I emailed Joe again. He said he's having one of his mechanics install one on a 1-barrel motor and he'll get back to me.

{elapse another 2 weeks of no communication and no cruiser}

I get another run-around response to my increasingly irate emails. I eventually gave up on anything from their end. I told Joe to at least change the description on his website, which he did. I eventually ended up cutting the throttle linkage arm and welding it so that the stock 64 linkage works fine. Been that way for 3 years now.

----------

My only other dealing with JTO:

I was perusing his website looking at tire prices about a year ago for humor value. I found a typo and ordered myself a set of 38" TSLs for $22 a piece IIRC.

Joe emailed me to explain that the price was incorrectly listed and he sent me a hat. I threw it away.

I had no problem with JTO ordering any of my Weber stuff. You DO have to use a original carb part for the late model linkages, but the cable conversion comes with the kit. Seeking out typo's a complaining when you knew it was the case is not exactly a fair assessment, your lucky you got a hat.

I've order wheels, links, vintage air kits, and two carb kits accidently from JTO and never had a problem. With ANY vendor, manufacture strikes and shortages are going to be a problem, but if they say they have it in stock, JTO is just as good as anywhere....

:cheers:

Don't do it!!!!!!!!

Get your stock Toyota AISIN carb rebuilt by Jim C. fj40jim@aol.com.

I bought a Weber, hated it, sold it to pay for the Jim C. rebuild. You will NEVER regret it.

Jody.

TexomaFJ40 said:
I had no problem with JTO ordering any of my Weber stuff. You DO have to use a original carb part for the late model linkages, but the cable conversion comes with the kit.

Slow down there Tex. You don't know the whole story and didn't read my synopsis very carefully. This was for a 1964. Nothing "late model" about it. And my (paraphrased) "complete bolt-in, everything you need kit" did NOT come with a cable conversion.

I have no doubt that you have had good dealings with them. Obviously Joe isn't pissing off everybody or he wouldn't still be in business. My situation was handled very poorly on their end and I have no problem sharing my experiences with others. The situation was NEVER resolved despite dozens of attempts on my part.

TexomaFJ40 said:
Seeking out typo's a complaining when you knew it was the case is not exactly a fair assessment, your lucky you got a hat.

There is a reason I divided my orignal message. The tire part was not meant to bash JTO. Sure, I knew it was a typo. Joe emailed me to explain what happened and offered to send me a hat as a 'thank you' for pointing out the error on the web page. I'm pretty sure we both laughed that one off. No big deal.

I didn't keep the hat because I have no desire to promote his company. That's all.

I have both a '77 and a '64/'65 FJ40 and know better than to snivel about any of the vendors not being be able to have parts to fit the '65 on the first try or without some modification by me. Most of the parts listings for the old ones have expired and it's a best guess situation to supply parts for them. This is true in Toyota for OEM parts (CruiserDan - that fueltank didn't fit exactly right! But I made it work and I'm happy to have found one at all) and must be nightmarish for aftermarket suppliers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom