Weber Carb / Fuel Pump Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badrock.com
Just put a new Weber 38 on my 87 FJ60. Tried a fuel pressure regulator but the carb starved for fuel evem at a 5.5 psi setting. Took it off and it runs great. Do I really have to have a fuel pressure regulator with a Weber. Should I put an electric fuel pump on? Thanks.

I run no pressure regulator on my 38/38 Weber and the factory fuel pump and havent had any problems. Honestly, I wouldnt want to change from the reliablity of the factory pump.

weber says to regulate the pressure, and others will chime in with the fact they have a reg and all is fine.

the weber likes gas, and lots of it. it's more about volume then pressue, some reg's don't flow enough volume.
i had never ran a reg, one day i thought i would try one. it improved the smoothness of the idle, however it would starve at higher rpms. so off it came.

for my needs, no i don't need a regulater. stick with the oem pump and give the carb a chance without fuel pressure regulation. you may also find that you don't need one.

your milage may vary off road though, as that is one place mine does'nt see much action(steep hills&off cambers any way).

Thanks for the info!!!

You are singing my tune. I spent hours trying to get that regulator to work when I reved the engine. Thanks again. I live just outside Glacier Nat Park at 3000 feet and max out about 55 mph. I just want better gas mileage. No hot rodding.
Now I start on the new tie rod ends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom