Weber 38 Fuel regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey friends.

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam but I did want to report that Elsie is doing much better on the low end of 1st and 2nd gear with the regulator in place and has more pickup in 3rd and 4th. I also am experiencing much easier start ups --- used to be that she would fire and then immediately die (too rich?) and then require some cranks to kick into life. Now she starts right up. :)

I found a great place to put the regulator --- there are two threaded holes on the manifold next to carburetor so I built a little bracket that fits right in there. All in all very happy with the results. I did have one question though - the fuel pressure gauge I added to this Holley regulator bounces up and down until you give it some throttle where it settles down at 3 psi. Is this normal i.e. the fuel regulator diaphragm doing its job or is that what you get if you don't have an oil filled gauge.

Thanks!

-Ophir

'81 FJ60 Elsie (working on 20 years of deferred maintenance :)

57576880229__08108616-25AC-45D0-8F87-141371773D87.jpg

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8853.JPG

So I have a weber 38 after doing a desmog, adding headers, cat delete and new muffler. Ran great but had some dieseling when I shut it off and between gears, especially going into 1st and between 1st and second, you had to hit it just right or is would surge and threaten to stall. My idle had to be set higher than spec as well. I did not add a fuel regulator. The fix was to open up the jets a bit. It came with several sizes but I did not have them so just tapped them out just a bit. After that it was smooth between gears and no dieseling. Idles to spec. Been very happy with it. Its like a race car when you compare it to where I sat before the work....but there are a lot of purist on the site who would rather see it with the original carb rebuilt. To each his own.
FJ60desmogfrmSpags1.jpeg

So I have a weber 38 after doing a desmog, adding headers, cat delete and new muffler. Ran great but had some dieseling when I shut it off and between gears, especially going into 1st and between 1st and second, you had to hit it just right or is would surge and threaten to stall. My idle had to be set higher than spec as well. I did not add a fuel regulator. The fix was to open up the jets a bit. It came with several sizes but I did not have them so just tapped them out just a bit. After that it was smooth between gears and no dieseling. Idles to spec. Been very happy with it. Its like a race car when you compare it to where I sat before the work....but there are a lot of purist on the site who would rather see it with the original carb rebuilt. To each his own.
View attachment 1947548
View attachment 1947548

Great to know, thanks John! So quick question —- on those two fuel lines you have going into the carb, is the one on the right the input to the pump and the one the left the return?

Could you post some pics about those two fuel lines and where are plugged in?

Miguel, I've been off the forum for a bit, will post some pics for you tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom