Weatherstripping install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
A bit nervous about where I glue this City Racer door weatherstripping, especially down the latch side of the door. Anyone have a rough idea of how far they glued it from the edge of the door? The placement is not as obvious as it was on the ambi doors.

IMG_5362.jpeg

The ones I removed from my doors were were done in a hap hazard fashion and I'm having the same quandary. A photo would help us out here. Anyone?

The ones I removed from my doors were were done in a hap hazard fashion and I'm having the same quandary. A photo would help us out here. Anyone?
Impatience got the better of me - I am laying it in what seems to be the matching bend in the metal. Looks like the compressed seal will be right up to the edge of the door when closed

IMG_5371.jpeg

One of the more important questions would be what adhesive are you using? The wrong adhesive for the molding type will kill the new molding effectiveness.

All good there. Wiped everything down with denatured alcohol, using the 3m black weatherstrip adhesive. Adhering fine, though this stuff is not the easiest to work with.

IMG_5372.jpeg

you're going to be disappointed with that....it doesnt "bite" into epdm very well...or at all.....you can see/feel the difference when going between this WS and oe WS...with the oe stuff, it makes an instant bond, no moving, no waiting, no clamps, no second chances.

from what ive seen here it seems super glue type stuff is the preferred adhesive.

you're going to be disappointed with that....it doesnt "bite" into epdm very well...or at all.....you can see/feel the difference when going between this WS and oe WS...with the oe stuff, it makes an instant bond, no moving, no waiting, no clamps, no second chances.

from what ive seen here it seems super glue type stuff is the preferred adhesive.
After using the above method I had no issues. I too used city racers stuff. take your time and do a section at a time. I could really have just gotten luck. best of luck to the op

Found this to help

Yes, had watched this, and followed the denatured alchohol wipe down tips for the City Racer weatherstripping. Seems to be adhering (if you wait for it to get tacky), but time will tell I guess

I have done what is shown in the video with EPDM seals on my Cdn M101 trailer lid with good results. My concern was how close to the edge of the door to attach the weather strip. Particularly at the bottom where the drains are. Thanks Jim

I have done what is shown in the video with EPDM seals on my Cdn M101 trailer lid with good results. My concern was how close to the edge of the door to attach the weather strip. Particularly at the bottom where the drains are. Thanks Jim
Yeah, my biggest concern with the install is the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom