weatherstripping for eshan's soft top door frames (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockcrawler
i know weatherstripping has been beaten to death, but in searching for an answer i didn't find anything quite like my situation. my original fj40 soft top doors don't quite touch eshan's soft top frame. he sent me new bows, which moved them out about an inch, but what kind of weatherstripping could i buy and how would i attach it to keep the rain and cold wind out?

I would head on down to Checker and buy some of their all for one s*** - and some weatherstrippin glue from 3m...

do you have any room to adjust hinges up

it's not vertical alignment that's the problem. the only part of the door that touches the frame of the vehicle is the door handle strike, whatever its called. it's like the door needs to be bent in at the top and bottom. i'll post a pic. i don't know what checker is. we don't have one around here. i found on jc whitney some universal weatherstripping with self adhesive backs. anyone used that stuff? it's only $10 for 10 feet.

Have you tried bending your doors?

Maybe take them off, put them over some 4x4's at the top and bottom and walk down the middle, or otherwise weight them to make them come into better contact with the tub/frame.
Use your head, think what's needed to make them fit, and do something.

Just filling up the gaps with weatherstrip will be butt ugleee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom