weather stripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought my 71 a few weeks ago & the previous owner gave me a box load of parts. I haven't used them yet, but I have all new stripping for every door. He bought them from sor, they were a little expensive, meaning I might not have paid that much. But I opened the bags up and they seem pretty good, they look like they'll the weather. I haven't seen any aftermarket weather stripping that looked like it would work...

take a sample to a good weatherstrip shop and match or try jc whitney's.

in denver, go to b-d weatherstrip in town...unfortunately, only open mon - fri :frown:

I recommend OEM if you can get it. My 77 had new aftermarket on it when I got it. It looked decent but it leaked pretty bad in a heavy rain. I ordered all new and am currently in the process of ripping it all out. Comparing them side by side is amazing. The Toyota stuff is so much higher quality and has all sorts of details that the aftermarket stuff didn't have, in particular the rear door stripping.

Go OEM or Reproduction OEM

You will regret going with full aftermarket. In fact if you want aftermarket let me know I have some.
MJM

OEM is not hard to find, the dealer can get it all for you, except the left side vent window rubber, but there is an aftermarket repro of it made(or if you lucky you have a pair of new OEM ones stashed away ;)

OEM is SO much better then the aftermarket stuff.

you can go to checker and they can order oem, bout 60-70 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom