weather strip-jc whitney-fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kkt

Threads
anyone have the part number for the window channel
if you go to jcwhitney. com and search for
push-on trim weather strip then click on info
you get about 11 choices anyone know which one will fit fj40's

KKT;

Don't think they carry any for the FJ40. Use OEM, its good stuff.

I've been meaning to go to the JCWhitney website for a long time to check out stuff like this! Good question. Looking at the website, specifically at the 12 pics of the window ones, Style 20, PN ZX184873W looks like it would work for the 74 and older front door main glass track, if that was your question. If that IS your question, it looks like there's an 800 number you can call to get a sample. Please follow up on this and post results to this thread.

This is something I think a lot of guys on the board would like to know, but I just don't have the time to follow up on myself.

Thanks

Mark

Mark & KKT;

Thanks for the work on this. I've ordered some samples and will see how things fit.

update jc whitney window channel

found old post on lancruisers@birfield.com archive site 1/22/2003.
jc whitney part number is zx193553u total lenght needed is 7.5feet per door
so you need 3 of them at 6ft each. this is steel core window channel and is $19.99 each so total cost would be $59.97 plus shipping.

personal opinion: looks like zx184873w would also work but it is all-rubber comes in 8ft lenghts so 2 @ 10.99 would be $21.98 plus shipping

Definately take advantage of the free samples. When I redid the trim on my FJ55, I had JCW send me about 8 differents samples. Then I was able to pick and choose which ones would work best. The pics in the catalog are OK, but when the samples came I ended up using a different one than I thought I would use when just looking at the pics. The samples are about 5 inches long, and I got mine in about a week.

Hodag

don't use the jc whitney s***, it's crap, I ordered a ton of samples, found one I thought would fit and after rebuilding a complete door the window wouldnt' move, waste of $, I ended up just buying the stock stuff. Buy the toyota stuff, you'll be glad you did.

Noah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom