Weak Windshield Washer Jets / Leaky Rear Jet Question on a '96 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yoda-g3

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm recovering from shoulder surgery and can't turn wrench for 2 to 3 more months so pulling the tank out and exploring the system isn't an option, and Washington winters mean I need to have them working to make the rig drivable. :-( I'm hoping to at least get the correct parts ordered and have my mechanic friend help me out on install.

I've been searching through some pretty old posts and have a little bit of confusion. My rear washer has always leaked a little when the fronts are engaged, but now the fronts have virtually no pressure coming out of them.

Am I correct in assuming the pump and rear diverter are two different parts? Where I'm getting confused is it sounds like there might be different options on some rigs where there aren't rear washers installed which requires a different pump.

At this point I'd like to just replace everything to revamp the system. The 'ol girl is in pretty damn good condition and every year I like to slowly fix any gremlins vs trying to work around them.

Could somebody please clarify P/N's for me?

This is what I have so far:
Diverter = 85321-60050
Pump = 85330-50020

Does that look correct?

Second question, where are guys buying OEM parts these days? I know that Cruiserdan has moved on from the parts game sine my last order and I'm not sure where to go for them now. Or is American Toyota still the best bet? Or just do toyotapartsdeal.com?

I'm recovering from shoulder surgery and can't turn wrench for 2 to 3 more months so pulling the tank out and exploring the system isn't an option, and Washington winters mean I need to have them working to make the rig drivable. :-( I'm hoping to at least get the correct parts ordered and have my mechanic friend help me out on install.

I've been searching through some pretty old posts and have a little bit of confusion. My rear washer has always leaked a little when the fronts are engaged, but now the fronts have virtually no pressure coming out of them.

Am I correct in assuming the pump and rear diverter are two different parts? Where I'm getting confused is it sounds like there might be different options on some rigs where there aren't rear washers installed which requires a different pump.

At this point I'd like to just replace everything to revamp the system. The 'ol girl is in pretty damn good condition and every year I like to slowly fix any gremlins vs trying to work around them.

Could somebody please clarify P/N's for me?

This is what I have so far:
Diverter = 85321-60050
Pump = 85330-50020

Does that look correct?

Second question, where are guys buying OEM parts these days? I know that Cruiserdan has moved on from the parts game sine my last order and I'm not sure where to go for them now. Or is American Toyota still the best bet? Or just do toyotapartsdeal.com?
Sounds like you just need the diverter, as listed above. I recently replaced mine and it works "better".

Could be just a small leak in a hose. I thought for sure the squirters were full of deposits or maybe the pump was bad but it turned out it was just a small leak in the hose.

Thanks everyone! I'll probably get both just in case since it's under 100 bucks and home for no leaks. I haven't used them much in the last year but they have been getting weaker over time, not all of a sudden and I know the diverter has been bad for 10 years.

I'll check out partsouq and amayama.

yoda-g3, seeing as the factory diverter valves don't seem to last very long before they need to be replaced again. You might want to check out the thread below for what may be a more permanent solution to this ongoing problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom