Weak power windows?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, All of the sudden my rear power windows got real weak. From the drivers door both windows wont come up. They start out OK but in the middle they are binding up and stopping. I can jiggle the switch and sort of bring them up a little bit at a time and then when they get past a certain point they come up OK. My front windows seem pretty slow too. Anybody else have this problem? The tracks look good.

Thanks,
BC

silicone spray in the window tracks? do they go down at the right speed? if they are starting fine and ending fine i'd try some spray, it's the easiest thing to try and if not you have nothing lost go to plan "B"!

Had the same problem with the rear windows in the wife's 99 LC. The Silicone Spray worked... had the dealer do it at the last visit. They didn't charge me anything for it.

Mine are getting pretty slow too. I would remove the panels and do it right i.e. lube the internals if you are going to keep the truck for a while.

On several cars I've had the power windows were the first to show a weak battery. So after the spray I might get a battery/charging system test done if you don't know the condition of the system.

bcripe - We need some LC data - year, milage (kilometerage? for those using the metric), mods ect...

Hey guys, mines a 99, no mods, 100K miles. I plan on keeping it possibly forever.:) They have always been sort of slow but never like this. Maybe Ill check the battery. Lube just seems like an inadequate fix.

Thanks,
BC

Well my right side rear window will no longer come up at all. It took a great deal of effort to raise it yesterday. It goes down just fine but doesnt come up past the middle. Nobody else has this problem?

Thanks,
BC

oh yea, I did lube it.

Thanks,
BC

Mine are a bit slow, but come all the way up and seat properly. I'm sure this is obvious, but if you're not getting enough juice, only do one window at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom