Dodge WC-1 saved from the crusher

Discussion in 'Dodge/Plymouth' started by sokoji, Jul 12, 2018.

1. sokoji

sokoji

Media:
    Albums:
    So I saw this truck when I was driving in the middle of nowhere for work, and it hadn't looked like it had been moved for a very long time. So I figured out who lived there and sent a letter inquiring about the old dodge, months latter I got a call out of the blue by the owner and I set up a time take a look at it. After meeting up with the old guy and him showing me the truck he told me I could just have it if I could put it to good use. Now I have always loved the look of these trucks so I told him I would come back and take it home. So 4 days later I picked it up and now its sitting in my driveway. It was kinda spur of the moment and I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it. Any ideas?

scrapdaddy likes this.
  2. PAToyota

PAToyota Keystone Cruisers SILVER Star

I've always loved the old Power Wagons! A build could go a lot of ways depending on your needs or wants.

3. sokoji

sokoji

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah right now I'm kinda thinking maybe diesel or propane with a 5 speed so I can actually drive it on the road at a decent speed. I'm kicking the idea around about making an extended cab or quad cab if I can find another cab.

4. sokoji

sokoji

Media:
    Albums:
    Well I finally got off enough of the paint on the hood to figure out the number and it appears to be W-26083 which would make this a WC-1. I ended up scooping out a garbage bag full of mouse poop and dirt and then power washed it. It still smelled like mouse urine so I hosed it down with bleach. I measured the head which turned out to be 25" and the number on the block starts with a C45 so it must either be a 237 or a 251 not sure which.

5. sokoji

sokoji

Media:
    Albums:
  6. scrapdaddy

scrapdaddy Standing on the corner SILVER Star

Send the old man a Christmas card because you got a great deal. You're going to spend money, you know that, but what a great vehicle to start with. I have a '51 M37 and love it. If you would like some links to good websites let me know. good candidate for a 4bt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.