SOLD Waxhaw, NC (near Charlotte) - 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Waxhaw, North Carolina 28173 United States
Mileage
Color
Green
After much thought and deliberation, I decided to sell my amazing triple-locked Land Cruiser. I started a new position last March that has me travelling a lot. So, I just have no time to play with my LC. I bought this is July 2019 from a seller in Kentucky. It originated in Alaska for a month, lived in Texas a few years, and then in Kentucky, before I picked it up and brought it to NC. CarFax is clean with zero accidents. $14,000

Below is a list of all the work done to it. All parts installed were brand new, not used.

- New exhaust - 11/19
- Brakes (rotors, pads and calipers) - 1/20
- Body painted in Toyota Army Green (Code 6V7) - 4/20
- Spark plugs, wires, cap/rotor - 6/20
- Aisin fan clutch (blue), rad hoses, thermostat - 9/20
- PHH - 9/20
- Fuel filter - 10/20
- Knuckle Rebuilt - 3/21
- Dobinson Suspension (stock height) - 4/21
- Crank seal, oil cover gasket, dizzy o-ring, harmonic balancer, water pump, belts - 5/21
- Toyota radiator - 9/21
- Headgasket, new (used) dizzy, red coolant conversion, oil cooler gasket, timing chain damper/slipper, heater control valve - 4/22 (work done by Trollhole)
- New windshield (aftermarket) - 8/22
- Toyota starter motor - 8/22
- Toyota reman alternator - 9/22
- Odyssey Extreme Battery - 9/22
- All 4 window channel guides have been replaced - Not sure when I did that

Exterior add-ons:
- ARB bull bar with Warn M8000 winch (never used) and Nilight LED amber lights
- Yakima MegaWarrior with extension, brand new fairing and stretch net.
- Yakima SlimShady Awning (never used)
- Rampage Recovery Hi-lift Jack
- Rear LED flood lights
- LED headlights

Sound system:
- Pioneer MVH-S600BS
- Massive speakers all around
- Boss PV3700 5-channel amp
- Rockville RXC4D 4 farad digital car capacitor
- Wits' End Quarter Panel Mount

Interior:
- Front seats have been restored with all new leather and cushions from Land Cruiser Heaven
- Center console and front door arm rests have been replaced with new leather from LCH
- BH3D cupholders in all 3 rows
- USB ports in all 3 rows
- Speedo cluster bulbs replaced with LEDs

Now, this was my to-do list:
- Front locker does not engage, but the rear does. When I bought it, the seller said it all worked, but I guess not using it EVER doesn't help.
- A/C does not work. I was told it was probably the expansion valve.
- Front seat motors to move front-to-back do not work. I tried replacing the gears on the driver's seat, but it just got stripped again. The motor for the passenger seat (to my surprise) is completely missing.
- Gear indicator lights do not work (common issue). As mentioned, all lights in speedo cluster were replaced.
- Backup light in taillight does not work
- There is rust underneath, but to me it's surface rust. I will say the rear heater hoses will probably need to be replaced in the near future or deleted.

1-3.jpg
1-4.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking truck. The loss of gear indicator lights in the dash and taillights to the rear can be indicative of the main engine wiring harness getting cooked by the EGR. Can you please provide a detail photo of that area?

Good looking truck. The loss of gear indicator lights in the dash and taillights to the rear can be indicative of the main engine wiring harness getting cooked by the EGR. Can you please provide a detail photo of that area?
Thank you! As for your request, the EGR was not working when I bought it. I've added the resistor to get rid of the code, but it never got hot after driving. Trollhole taped up the wiring, when I had them do the headgasket.
20230226_114744.jpg
20230226_114752.jpg

Any chance you'd be able to post more photos? Particularly the interior refresh and underside?

This is a not-too-old pic of the rear underside with the spare removed. Of course, the springs and shocks are new. Those are the old, stock ones. Everything else is pretty much the same. We hardly ever get snow in the Charlotte area, as you probably already know. The front underside is "relatively" rust-free from all the oil and power steering fluid leaks during previous ownership. I can take current ones if you still want them.
Rust Control.jpg

I'll consider offers, but not entertaining lowball offers. I hate to see this just sit in my driveway and not be driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom