waterpump repair kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a early WP for the 1962 FJ40. I read these can be rebuild, but I cant find a partnumber. What is the trick? Order a new one and transfer the shaft and seals? Or is a set available somewhere?

Bestand 14-11-16 20 47 27.jpeg

I have a early WP for the 1962 FJ40. I read these can be rebuild, but I cant find a partnumber. What is the trick? Order a new one and transfer the shaft and seals? Or is a set available somewhere?

View attachment 1351610

I am in a same boat too and looking for a suitable kit before I decide to take my NOS aftermarket pump apart and rebuild the OEM one.

Any good water pump business can rebuild your pump. I'm not sure if there is any kit that you can buy to do it yourself.

I have had two pumps rebuilt here and I am completely satisfied. Around $125
I know this may not help you guys not in the States.

There is a place in Oregon that's is fantastic. Website is:

The Flying Dutchman
WWW.rebuilt-water-pumps.com

I was hoping someone would know partnumbers? It looks like we can source a replacement bearing and shaft from FAG. But then we have no seals yet...

Good luck in NZ. It looks bad over there...

Did some google research tonight.

The bearing part nr. is 90369-30008 = Koyo 885141 = FAG W2503 and might be available
The newer WP (16100-60080) uses the same bearing (until 1974) (OEM WP $128-$185)
But does it use the same seal? partnumber for the seal kit is different 16104-60080 (also discontinued)

So if we order a newer OEM Waterpump could we transfer the bearing (yes) and the seal (?)?

I'll send the partnumbers to the local dealer to see whats available.

I was hoping someone would know partnumbers? It looks like we can source a replacement bearing and shaft from FAG. But then we have no seals yet...

Good luck in NZ. It looks bad over there...

Yeah things aren't too good here at the moment, lot of structural damage to many buildings in Wellington and engineers are still accessing many more. By the grace of god we are safe.

Great Thank You for your efforts on this.

So anyone think that kit would work for the 16100-60080 OE 69-74 pump ?

Going through this today and thought I would add some color (rust) here:

First the wire retainer must be removed so do everything in your bag of tricks to get it out in one piece. Do not assume you'll be able to press through that rusty scrap of wire left in there.

15558693138352298656072504549087.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom