Waterpump Leaking ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My waterpump started leaking and I have a question. I need to nurse it along for a while before the transplant but it seems like I can't put in as much as it's leaking. I've been trying to burp the system for days. Up on blocks etc. Anybody have any input I might be able to use? thx matt

If it is leaking you need to replace it ASAP. Nothing you can really do to keep driving it with no ill effects.

Replace it before you're stuck on the side of the road please.

If it is leaking you need to replace it ASAP. Nothing you can really do to keep driving it with no ill effects.

Replace it before you're stuck on the side of the road please.

^ What he said. Do it as soon as you can. Sometimes they will let go all at once when they are in that kind of shape.

The only time my truck's been towed is when the water pump grenaded into the radiator.

Time to Chernobyl-like event? Hard to say for sure. I had one leak for while before I did anything about it. It spun freely without any roughness, but it is a time bomb.

Nice thing about tearing down to do the water pump is that you can do a whole bunch of maintenance when you are there. Hoses, belts, T-stat, coolant, etc. Then, cut your fan shroud in half before you put it all back together.

Here's a tip: Use OEM hoses AND CLAMPS!

Best,

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom