Watercooler in kzt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bottpower.com
Hello everybody, affter couple of months using the car with the swap to kzt engine ( the car was lj 70 with 2lt ), the std final ratio 4.88 was to short for ride the car in the normal way's, just for offroad was ok, just fited the 4.30, the initial feeling was more much better on the way, but some lack of power in the bottom RPM's,as normal, my idea was to add one intercooler, but my experience whit air to air systems in some conditions was in the pass not so good, for this reason I order in USA one watercooler. Before I built one fake Watercooler for fix the pipes and the rest
img2124s.jpg

img2122th.jpg

img2241sxg.jpg

It was not very easy because is not in off space in my car

img2245sr.jpg

cutting and welding tubes...

img2247se.jpg

And in the end , just one month later the water kit was in my home...spanish post system is the best...

I was very happy because all of sizes was ok

img2552s.jpg

details of grackets

img2551su.jpg

Wiht some silentblocks

img2549s.jpg

img2548sa.jpg

And last step was to fit the pump and the radiator, all was painted in black , I think it is less racing and it is not the style of this car..

img2587sz.jpg

img2589s.jpg

and thats it

img2711sv.jpg

First impression affter few Km's, I can tell you is amazing, for sure I was adjusting the fuel pump, wiht a bit of fuel more, I'm ver happy even if you ride slow, I will writhe again in a few monts with more impressions.

very nice work. can i see your radiator and water reservoir plz?

you might want to getr some heat wrap around it or heat shielding similar to whats around a turbo, to help with heat soak

Hello is it true, about the heat caming by the turbo and exhaust, I was thinking it before the upgrade but the real history is touching the watercooler wiht my hands aftter lot of km's it is very cold, it is removing a lot of heat, and I dont percive diferences when engine is hot, I will try In the sand of Moroco in a few months, jeje

Very nice work! Looks excellent. Definitely write more when you learn more about the performance.

I will be doing water/air for my 2lte in LJ78. I have all the parts, but have not had time yet. Your installation is motivating me.

I have a lj70 converted to 1kz like yours.

Reduced the r&p from 4.88 down to 4.56. Running 33" MT was good, however I regretted doing it for running 35".

Like the water-intercooler...very interesting.

i went the junkyard route (kindof). first off i bought this chargecooler

zyg329.jpg

then i realised it was a gammy fit in my engine bay. so i sold it for lots more than i paid for it (99 cent) and bought a citroen xm chargecooler

5flkxs.jpg

the xm intercooler is designed to be mounted vertically, which will be a better fit in my bay. i sold the previous chargecooler for 50 pounds and used the money to buy the xm one, which was the same amount. i held onto the pump that came with the first cooler.

next i bought a smart car radiator, fan and shroud for 10 euros

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/smart-car/2650794

2928u9y.jpg

thats where i am so far. next thing is the manifold/turbo config.

Josebott did you cut up your front grill? :) pics plz!

img2648sw.jpg

reminds me of a pic i saw the other day

66fbd1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom