water wings for 3B? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I got in a little deep on the weekend, over the hood at one point in a creek...the only issue was the clutch slipping, to the point I needed a pull.....solutions? higher pressure plate? can you seal the bell housing?

Ok, so I got in a little deep on the weekend, over the hood at one point in a creek...the only issue was the clutch slipping, to the point I needed a pull.....solutions? higher pressure plate? can you seal the bell housing?

water should not cause a clutch to slip, must be other issues:):)

water should not cause a clutch to slip, must be other issues:):)

Ive seen them slip when the the clutch is old and doesnt have enough clamping pressure

I've had them slip in dirty clay water - not a big deal - don't seal them up or when water ghets in it wont get out -= then you are screwed. The easiest thing to keep it from happening is to not change gears in the water - don't let water get between the surfaces. I doubt your clutch is shot - not a big deal.

Regards,

Ive seen them slip when the the clutch is old and doesnt have enough clamping pressure

You are very correct, but a clutch in good condition will not slip, there is just to much force there and water has no lubricating qualities, so your indication of the need of a new clutch may be in order

:):)

I had to shift..from reverse to 1st etc...once I got bogged down and had to find a better line...the clutch was fine once out of the water..and it was muddy water..spring runoff, brown but not stagnant...I know now for the next time, keep it in first and go, now that I know the line...I;ll post apic of it if I can...the wave coming over the hood : )

I'll go with the old clutch theory...I've had the truck for 3 years, never touched it, who knows when the PO did it if at all...

Mines pressurized but then again its a 2F running the Air con pump as constant air.

swimming.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom