Water Temp Sensor..Am I missing something? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.whitleydesignco.com
So last week I replaced my alternator to correct some of my charging issues. Before the alternator swap I didnt have any "Check Engine" lights on and now I have two codes: TPS Code and Water Temp code. I replaced and recalibrated my TPS and attempted to replace my WTS and the OEM sensor I bought isnt close to being the same. The first image you can see the sensor that currently on the truck and the second you can see the sensor I bought to replace it with. The truck was built Mar 1988 and I know there were 2 different sensors but I thought I got the correct one.

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

I looked at Specters website and found this picture

It looks to me that the picture you showed is on the Cold Start Timer Switch. I think the sensor you're looking for is below the sensor in your picture and further back.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I finally figured this out and didn’t update the post. I think I need the earlier sensor or either the plug from a later donor.

This code didn’t come on until after I changed the alternator so I’m thinking I need to check all my connections better as I may have broken a wire or wiggled a plug loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom