Water Sloshing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

It rained real hard here yesterday and today I noticed the sound of sloshing water when turning left or right abruptly. I did not hear the sound when stopping or accelerating. The noise appears to be coming from the rear of the vehicle.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what this might be? My initial thought is some kind of plugged drain, but I haven't gotten home to investigate more fully.

Appreciate any thoughts you all have. Thanks!

NicB

I would check your rear hatch/liftgate.

^^It sounds like it is coming from the rear hatch/liftgate area. I'll see if there are any plastic plugs I can pull. Any ideas on how water would get in there?

Seal around the 3rd brake light is likely culprit.

check your rocker panels, my drains (look like small slits in metal when viewed from underneath) were clogged and caused water to fill the rocker panels so much the water came up through the top of the rockers and onto my floor! I removed the plastic plug towards the front of the rocker (viewed from underneath) and a ton of water came out. I actually just leave the plug out now full time with no more flooding and no negative impacts with it removed.

The culprit turned out to be water in the rear frame rail (I guess is what it is called). I don't really know how the water got in there, and I didn't see any real drain holes. There were some large plastic plugs, but they sat up a ways and all the water couldn't drain out due to a 1/2" lip. I drilled a 1/4" whole through the rail and about a pint and a half of water drained out. There is still some sitting in another part of the same rail. I can see it when pulling out the rear carpet (there is a hole that lets you view down into it). That water would splash up onto the carpet making it wet. I noticed the wetness before, but never heard the sloshing to troubleshoot it sooner. I'm sure the PO had the same problems as well.

Curious if anyone knows anything more about that area of the vehicle, how water may have gotten up there, and if there are drains that would be plugged.

I don't know how the water gets in there, but I can tell you that this is a typical area that will rust through on salt belt trucks. I looked at an LC where the rear frame rail was almost completely gone. Cruiser Solutions in NH said this is common! So, if you're in the rust belt, you should spray some fluid film up in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom