Water sesitive distributor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went with my friends to a "bro dozing" spot (thats what all my p***y friends with prerunner rangers call it) that we go to after a big rain storm, its muddy and my 60 gets excited about that. Anyways, i decided to go about 30 through some mongo-puddles and my car stalled and wouldnt start for about 15 minutes, this is not the first time this has happened, hoping its the distributor, but my question is, how do i make it stop, its quite ebbarrasing to see fo*ds and j**ps doing just fine while i try to get the ol beast started again. anywho....help..oh and here is a crappy cell phone pic i took (i know how much you guys like pics:flipoff2:)
198410_1954315337222_1222830575_32392496_779371_n.jpg

The FJ60 has a great water resistant ignition system if in good shape. Sounds like yours could use a little work.

I've found the OEM parts are best for water. Make sure you have a good o-ring sealed distributor cap. Make sure the vents for the cap are setup correctly (often not). This makes a huge difference. Also get some good spark plug wires that fit tightly (OEM are great). And use silicon grease at both ends of the spark plug wires. If all these things are in good shape, you should be very water worthy.

Godwin he stalled before all the mud I'm guessing haha

Just check up on your distributor seal, and stuff like cruzerman said.

The FJ60 has a great water resistant ignition system if in good shape. Sounds like yours could use a little work.

I've found the OEM parts are best for water. Make sure you have a good o-ring sealed distributor cap. Make sure the vents for the cap are setup correctly (often not). This makes a huge difference. Also get some good spark plug wires that fit tightly (OEM are great). And use silicon grease at both ends of the spark plug wires. If all these things are in good shape, you should be very water worthy.

Yup. X2 - your system should be pretty much water tight if operating correctly.

Also, where the Hell is that picture taken? Wilmington ?

Yup. X2 - your system should be pretty much water tight if operating correctly.

Also, where the **** is that picture taken? Wilmington ?
I believe it is wilmington, if ur comin from the beach (where i live) and take lomita all the way until it ends it will turn into a sketchy road and then a dirt lot, it right by where the junk yard is over there (idk if u know where that is)

and this pic was taken while stalled, i got lots more mud after it decided to start up again haha

i just use some electrical grease on the plugs and wires. the some silicone around the base of the cap. also in part stores they sell spray elecrtical sealant that works great. just hit up allthe parts, its not the best looking set up but effective

I have had my cruiser submerged to the headlights/over the hood on several occasions. Once I was stuck for about 10 minutes with water up to the headlights and she kept running the entire time.

I say 1. go slower through the holes. 2. Make sure you aren't swallowing water... you probably aren't but it would be worth it to pop off the top of the air cleaner and take a peak inside. 3. Start taking the advice of the other guys. I coat everything ignition related in Dielectric grease and this really helps with conductivity and mosture.

np302p.jpg

2hdxkeh.jpg

How long have you had your cruiser? When I bought mine, I had problems with it stalling until I found that it had an aftermarket distributor cap on it that didn't have an o-ring. Make sure you have an OEM distributor cap with o-ring and that the vents are setup correctly. fj60s are very waterproof.

:beer: Chad

How long have you had your cruiser? When I bought mine, I had problems with it stalling until I found that it had an aftermarket distributor cap on it that didn't have an o-ring. Make sure you have an OEM distributor cap with o-ring and that the vents are setup correctly. fj60s are very waterproof.

:beer: Chad
ive had it for only a year, i will check for the o ring next time i get a chance thanks, i will try the grease and stuff too, but i am not gunna slow down, that will be the last thing i do haha Thanks guys!

may need new plug wires and dist cap too.

I think i got it, the wire from the dist connecting to the coil wasnt on right, i put it on the correct way and tested it out, seems to be working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom