1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water seperator on an hj61

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by burger, Mar 1, 2004.

1. burger

burger Guest

Does any on know if ther is a water seperator on an hj61. I cannot find it any where. Is the fuel filter a seperator as well and if it is why is there no drain plug on the bottom of the filter?

2. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

don't know... on my hj45 the separator is the first fuel filter with a glass bowl under it, bolted to the firewall... but i heard that water separators were emmitted from later model diesels as they cost too much in production, so i don't know if they are on 61's

3. beanz2

beanz2 Moderator

In the 7x series there is a black canister on the right inner fender with a 10mm plug on the bottom. Follow the fuel line back from the fuel pump. On the 60 series it might be on the right frame rail close to the fuel tank.

Dave

4. 60serius

60serius

Its a black cannister on the chassy rail in front of the rear wheel
    follow the fuel line from the tank

5. Waggoner5

Waggoner5 SILVER Star

I have an 87 HJ61 and there is no water seperator, only the canister fuel/water filter mounted up front on the engine. My truck has not been modified from stock as far as the fuel system goes....