Water Question with a LX450 - and I did search (1 Viewer)

I have searched & searched and have read many , many threads and they all have something in common in terms of water. You either have water in the front driver or passenger compartment, wet roof liner, or a wet rear cargo area.

You either have: 1. Front Windshield leak
2. Sunroof leak
3. Rocker Drains clogged:idea:
4. Rear Window leaks

Here is what I have :

Water pooling up near the A-piler between the passenger front and rear seats with the water pooling in the rear passenger area near the door (due to parking on a slight incline on that side). Here is my question as stupid as it may seem. I have the LX450 with the plastic cladding over the rocker area. Do I need to remove this in order to check the drain slits ? I looked up under the truck and could not see anything that looked like drain slits or plugs.?. I am going to tackle this tonight with :beer:

Any help. thanks

They are relatively small slits that are in the pinch weld underneath the rocker. There was a good picture of someone that flooded his 80 and it showed them draining. I'll see if I can find that recent post. The LX cladding will not be in the way.

Get on the ground on your back with a plastic wire tie. Probe into the pinch weld slits, then enjoy a muddy water shower.

Found the pic....

Pinch_Weld_Slits.jpg

-B-

Last edited:
there is plugs under there you probably have to remove the plastic but there should be rubber gromets that cover the hole just pop them out with a flat head screw driver, if there still in there. good luck.

fuelgeddes said:
Water pooling up near the A-piler between the passenger front and rear seats with the water pooling in the rear passenger area near the door (due to parking on a slight incline on that side).
Sounds like a windshield seal leak, exactly like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom