Water Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ready for re-assembly. Just waiting for parts.
31A1D7B0-1BE9-4CA0-B682-7CC0FBEFF74F.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for you all. Do I need to dissemble the pump and RTV the gasket like project wrong way showed or just install it to the block with RTV and gasket.

E45F140E-9343-42AC-B457-8C8C1591DA48.jpeg

00B92923-2BCF-4E0B-9F1C-FAD135E0FC21.jpeg

I think those who never had one leak don’t do it. And those who have had one leak, do it. I do it.

Question for you all. Do I need to dissemble the pump and RTV the gasket like project wrong way showed or just install it to the block with RTV and gasket.

View attachment 2859994

View attachment 2859995

i NEVER have

however i HAVE found loose screws on the back more then once

re-tourque them please

them your fine

black fipg 00295-00103 on BOTH sides of the gasket to be klear

and on

ALL NEW BOLTS threads

NEVER re-use old water pump bolts or spring washers .................NEVER !

1639085217443.png

1639085258708.png

1639085287764.png

Last edited:
I seal all surfaces, including the gasket between pump and backing plate with proper coolant-specific RTV and have never had one leak.

I also always use new fasteners.

I buy everything from ToyotaMatt because he tells me to and he has kool pictures.

Finally back on the road. For those of you who don't believe these are easy to work on they are!! You also can get a lot of parts at your local Toyota dealer. Thanks to all the great advice on Mud I never felt I was going into it alone and especially @ToyotaMatt for the unobtanium thermostat housing and emission valve we are back on the road. Learned a lot about my 40 and am ready for the next project. Cheers and Beers to all

FFDA3884-5DBF-4B8E-B8E4-716C430A6ECC.jpeg

Finally back on the road. For those of you who don't believe these are easy to work on they are!! You also can get a lot of parts at your local Toyota dealer. Thanks to all the great advice on Mud I never felt I was going into it alone and especially @ToyotaMatt for the unobtanium thermostat housing and emission valve we are back on the road. Learned a lot about my 40 and am ready for the next project. Cheers and Beers to all

View attachment 2988251

let see photos of the installed work of in don't exist ...........:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom