Water pump removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dox

Threads
I thought I was going to complete the longest timing belt change on mud today but my water pump will not let go. Passenger side has slight movement, enough to drain all the water out but no joy on pulling this thing off. Anyone deal with this before? I think I have read every Tbelt thread on here multiple times and don’t recall it being an issue. Otramms YouTube video is the real deal and has been a huge help, wish I still lived in NOVA!

All bolts are out, been prying, pulling and massaging it with a rubber mallet but it doesn’t want to give. They did go crazy with the fipg on the thermostat housing so likely that is it. Sewell did the last one and I own all of his books and hold him in pretty high regard but they won’t be touching this one again. That and no monkeys or badgers in his commercials.

No, just a bunch from the front, maybe the last tech used JB weld. Doesn’t even call for fipg for this one!

Thank you, will give it a shot. Thanks again for the video!
I've had them get stuck on the o-ring that feeds the heater pipe to the rear. You can see the passage to the o-ring looking down, and back through the rectangular passage in the top. Sometimes a squirt of penetrating oil in there helps free things up.
ot

I had a hard time getting mine off too. Look at your replacement WP and you will notice tabs going around the exterior. These are there to pry on when removing. After looking at my new one, I located these tabs and carefully/evenly pryed on them and the old WP broke loose.

You got those 2-3 sneaky bolts out around the compressor?

You got those 2-3 sneaky bolts out around the compressor?
I did, fan assembly is off and all the bolts are in it and the new water pump waiting to go on. I am guessing rtv/o ring is the cause, starting to move a little but this is ridiculous!

You should be able to have good play when pulling it out. I know you already double checked the bolts but compare it with the new one to make sure there is not a bolt hidden.

A.J

Double check me! Been comparing it to Scottm write up in the faq and they are all accounted for.

4A527566-8BED-4F87-8F85-7F9CD05ACFDF.jpeg

Yep, that is Otramm that posted earlier above. I have watched all of them on the 4.7 on here and YouTube and these two are the ones I am going by. Great Channel all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom