Water pump leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2006 LC with 80000 miles has a slight water pump leak. The water pump will be replaced under warranty. Since I'm only 10K miles shy of 90K miles, I intend to have the timing belt replaced also, while things are apart. What else should I have done at the same time? Serpentine belt? What idler pulleys or tensioners should be replaced?

In the brief search that I did, it looks like nobody else has replaced the belts or water pump this early.

Thanks for the link. I had the serpentine belt replaced, but the mechanic thought that the idlers, etc., were too good to replace.

Incidentally, the V belt part number used was 90916-02585, rather than the 90916-02586 on Trunk Monkey's list. It appears that 02585 is the correct number for 2006 & 2007 models. (I sure hope it is!)

Yeah, alot of the "extras" will be solely dependant on the condition of each particular vehicle. There is no hard and fast rule that says a certain item has to be replaced at XXX miles. Even the timing belt is more of a "just to be safe" item - just because you don't replace it at 90K doesn't mean your engine will grenade. There are several members who have waited until 180K to do the first 90K service, IIRC.

Doing it on schedule is piece of mind though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom