Water pump leak common? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fix it. That way you can free up space to worry about other things:)

x2, the leaking coolant can wipe out the fan bracket bearing and perhaps idler pulley bearings too?

I just had my LX570 serviced at Arlington Lexus yesterday, and they mentioned my water pump is leaking at 77K. I'm going to contact Lexus and see if they will help with replacement costs since I'm just out of warranty. Seems like a common problem that should not be happening with such low milage, especially with my current grocery getter.

Bumping this thread because my '14 Tundra has leaking water pump at 85k. I assume the R&R on the Tundra is identical to that on the LC. Anyone know?

Bumping this thread because my '14 Tundra has leaking water pump at 85k. I assume the R&R on the Tundra is identical to that on the LC. Anyone know?

Yup, same process and parts

I posted in the Tundra section, and not much in the way of replies from others that have done this job. So, I'm here in the 200 section, pretending that it's the water pump on the 200, but really it's my Tundra. Same motor, so there it is. Clear as mud?

I have leaky water pump on the 5.7 at 85,000 miles. I ordered a new water pump. It'll be here soon, maybe today.

I'm thinking of taking this approach: Replace water pump only. Capture coolant and reuse it. Leave everything else alone. Comments on this approach?

Alternative approach is to replace a bunch of other stuff "while I'm in there". These would include idler, tensioner, serpentine belt, thermostat, and coolant. Comments on this approach?

Thanks!

New into a used 200 series, I will check mine when I change my front center and rear diff oils. Anyone have a good reference video or written instructions for this service item. Im sure i can figure it out, but it would be nice to have it in this same thread. If i find anything ill report back.

Water pump leak on a 2019 with 25K miles. Replacement covered under drive train warranty.

I have a bud with a LX570 with 20K miles... leaky water pump as well.

I am shocked at how early these pump issues are showing up. Not a good look

Water pump leak on a 2019 with 25K miles. Replacement covered under drive train warranty.

I have a bud with a LX570 with 20K miles... leaky water pump as well.

I am shocked at how early these pump issues are showing up. Not a good look
That is certainly exceptionally rare that you and a buddy both had the same issue....especially on such low mileage trucks.

Another update for this thread. I noticed I was using coolant and took my 200 in to investigate. Leaking water pump. I put in a new radiator last year. I'm at 115,000 miles and my mechanic replaced the pump and put on a new belt and radiator cap. $700. Going on a big road trip in two weeks so I'm glad I caught this early.

I replaced mine at like 75K after it was leaking all over the place.

My nearly 6-year old Cruiser's water pump was found to be leaking at 58K miles. I had not noticed the issue at all and was surprised by it. I wondered if the mechanic was making things up but then saw that this is apparently an issue on these 5.7s.. Paid approx $900 to have it replaced. Too bad the replacement water pump is probably only going to last for similar mileage or maybe less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom