water pump compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
N: 06° 47.85' | E: 079° 53.38' | Colombo, Sril
Website
mithila.gfoto.com
Hi all,

My waterpump is making a funny noice. No play at the fan and no leak yet. Since archives suggest that this may be a signal of wp going bad, I'm looking for a new one.

Now this is the real problem.......

I DO NOT know the manufacturing year of my engine. Its a B diesel (3000CC) from a JDM truck. (I got only the drivetrain and has no information about the year/model of the doner truck which I think is a BJ40).

My question for the forum is, can I use a waterpump from ANY B engine? or if they are not interchangeable, is there any specific way to identify the year/model of my engine?

Thanking all of you in advance...........

Mithila | 1984 BJ43 | N: 06° 47.85' | E: 079° 53.38'

p.s. Will a picture of the engine help?. In that case is there specific area of the engine which can give a clue?

Hi Mithila I think the main difference is whether you have a clutch fan or one that is constantly working.
These part numbers are no good
moteurB_3B17.gif

lowenbrau said:
If you get one from a 3B you'll save about $300.

Just how much do they cost normally:eek:
Another bonus point to the 1HZ with its $130 OEM pumps:D

Great...... I lost a lot of sleep thinking about not beign able to find a waterpump for my decades old little rattler. This list is great !!!!!!.

My engine has a direct fan. I was anyway thinking about replaceing it with a clutch fan and therefore going for a 3B pump with clutch fan seems the prefect solution.

So when ordering I should say I need a water pump with clutch fan for a 3B engine. If they ask which year, I will say doesn't matter !. Did I get it right?

Thanks again guys........ your help is much appreciated.

Mithila said:
My engine has a direct fan. I was anyway thinking about replaceing it with a clutch fan and therefore going for a 3B pump with clutch fan seems the prefect solution.
Thanks again guys........ your help is much appreciated.
why?

Why I wanted a clutch fan?.... hmmmm... Most of the posts I have read about water crossings suggeted than a clutch fan can prevent possible damages to the radiator during a deep water crossing.

Have I interpreted it wrong?

crushers said:

I thought the idea of the clutch fan was to improve mpg

Wayne,

What do you think about my decision of going for the clutch fan?. Do you think that it is not worth? Is it a myth to say that it helps during deep crossings?

Please advice me.

Thanks

personally i have not run inot this situation, i have heard if you go to the mini truck fan with the ring aound the outside fo the fan this helps prevent it. i usually just run a steel fan blade but i am not sure if they make one for the 3B.
the clutch fan would probably work just fine.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom