Water protection for dash controls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It rains a lot around here and I am running a bikini top that connects to windshield channel. Rain gets between window and top seam and runs down inside of windshield and drips on dash pad. I am a little concerned that something electrical may get damaged. I thought about crafting a mini-dash-"tarp" for these occasions. Anyone dealt with this before?

TIA, ChuckD

can't say i've ever had that problem, but i keep a canvas tarp in the cruiser when the top's off to cover the seats that also covers the complete steerwheel...you could get something like that and put it up on the dash (or even over bikini/w/s ) when it rains.

ChuckD said:
It rains a lot around here and I am running a bikini top that connects to windshield channel. Rain gets between window and top seam and runs down inside of windshield and drips on dash pad. I am a little concerned that something electrical may get damaged. I thought about crafting a mini-dash-"tarp" for these occasions. Anyone dealt with this before?

TIA, ChuckD

Chuck-

I am a little confused, are you getting water under the edge that the bikini top and windshield come together at? I wouldnt think you should be leaking there, I would check there first... Mine seals up tight right at that spot. Now sideways rain coming in... that is a different story.

Just .02

Rezarf <><

i've never had any electrical problems, and i leave my topless truck out in the rain all the time. i wouldn't worry TOO much about it... easiest thing would be to slather some silicone in between the windshield frame and the channel

Same for me, my 40 doubles as my rain gauge 12 months a year. Every now and then a gauge will fog up, but no damage or shorts so far. Planning on waterproofing everything on the dash though.

My stereo started to crap on me during the wet weather but it's working fin now. Probably condinsation. I would replace all your seals and plug up all your cracks and holes if you are conserned.

I 2nd Rezarf. I've never had a leak like that. It should be sealed. What type of bikini and channel? The rigid plastic lip that clips into the 2 piece channel? The channel mounts on the outside of the windshield frame lip so it is puzzling as to how the water goes under - up and over the frame to drip down the windshield. Where is your channel mounted?

More questions than answers. :D

Good Luck,

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom