Water - not for the faint of heat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
By world standards Victoria’s water is very good… perhaps as good as some bottled water. I found this somewhat alarming…
F230E965-BD32-4639-9DB8-5C182CB11DC6.jpeg

Elements out of three stage water filter. Guess which one was first?

Activated Charcoal
5 micron
5 micron

Based on memory.

As someone who's lived on a boat for many years, you got yourself some first world problems there princess. :flipoff2:

I’ll take water out of a stream any day. I have to wonder how much rust, sediment, and other crap there is after flowing through miles and miles of pipe. I never even give drinking tap water a second thought.

That said, I’d rather drink well water or stream water that isn’t loaded full of chlorine and who knows what. I grew up on a farm with well water, fresh eggnog for breakfast, and sometimes even unpasteurized milk from a cow. I’m none the worse for it.

I’ll take water out of a stream any day. I have to wonder how much rust, sediment, and other crap there is after flowing through miles and miles of pipe. I never even give drinking tap water a second thought.

That said, I’d rather drink well water or stream water that isn’t loaded full of chlorine and who knows what. I grew up on a farm with well water, fresh eggnog for breakfast, and sometimes even unpasteurized milk from a cow. I’m none the worse for it.

That's interesting, neat to see the pictures.

Personally I like drinking Victoria water and it doesn't bother me. Compared with a lot of other cities, it's pretty good I think.

Well water can be pretty heavy on the minerals I find. Try some well water in the prairies!

That's interesting, neat to see the pictures.

Personally I like drinking Victoria water and it doesn't bother me. Compared with a lot of other cities, it's pretty good I think.

Well water can be pretty heavy on the minerals I find. Try some well water in the prairies!

Or LA water… or Phoenix Arizona.

To be fair, that’s 3+ years of sediment. The outside of the second filter is what came through the first. And the outside of the third is what came out of the second… you can’t see the end results.

Never, I repeat, never do I ever drink tap water south of the 49th. Most bottled water comes straight from municipal reservoirs.

Had my Small Potable Water & Wastewater System certificates (lapsed about 6 yrs ago). Chlorine breaks down quite rapidly (can't remember exactly how long) but I seem to recall that if you were to let a glass of municipality treated tap water sit for 4 days the chlorine has all but disappeared; ie broken down into basic, safe chemical compounds. Most of the discoloration is either from minerals, or turbidity caused by organics; the organics are what is filtered out by the micron filters so that the water becomes clearer and the chlorine and/or uv treatment is much more effective. Best bet if you're unsure about the water is to boil for 3-4 minutes, then filter with something like a sock (clean, preferably 😜). That'll kill everything, and make it look a lot more appealing. I've never, knock on wood, ever had a bout of 'beaver fever from drinking creek water... but I've always made sure it's clear and flowing. Careful with the swamp water though.

Our water comes straight out of the hole in the ground.

I filter it through my teeth like a baleen whale. :lol:

It's not that bad.

Or I'm just used to the hardness of it now.
Cedar is known for s***ty water but a bit of sulfur smell once in a while is about the extent of it in our well.

Could be worse. Mexican water side effects were pretty inconvenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom