Water leaking passengers side console when raining (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was sitting in the LC today and heard dripping, I looked at the foot area, there the dashboard meets the door and see a bunch of rain dripping into the truck floor. Has any one experienced this before? I looked at the weatherstripping and it looked ok. Not sure if the water was coming in from the door or another location. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Here’s where it’s dripping.

700D6835-AAEC-43A9-990A-23AF3F64B14B.jpeg

40882925-CCDA-4FAE-8DF3-9BE14BC68940.jpeg

Poorly done replacement windshield?

Or

Sunroof drain(s) clogged?

On older models, can also be the hood vents plugged up with leaves, especially pine needles down inside. flashlight in to look...

sunroof drains most likely. I seem to recall you use weed whacker cord to clean em.

Poorly done replacement windshield?

Or

Sunroof drain(s) clogged?

Windshield is factory. I’ll check the sunroof drains. This is a new issue that just started happening. Truck sat for a week and then it rained and now it’s leaking. I should be able to see the drains when I open the roof I take it? Still raining pretty good to check.

Just did a windshield replacement on a 2004 LX470 I bought. Rust started in the upper windshield trim near A pillar and led to similar water dispersal. Check the fabric of the A pillar on that door, and the headliner near the sunvisor on that side.

Windshield is factory. I’ll check the sunroof drains. This is a new issue that just started happening. Truck sat for a week and then it rained and now it’s leaking. I should be able to see the drains when I open the roof I take it? Still raining pretty good to check.

You will be able to see the front drains. Getting your eye on the rear drain holes is a little tricky. Run some water down the front drains before you try to clean them out so you can see if that is actually your issue. They could be partially clogged, thus only allowing a small amount of water to get through. If you are parked on an incline with the front of the car pointed downhill, then you definitely want to make sure the front sunroof drains are working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom