Water Leak! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was upgrading to an aftermarked deck and had a similar problem to MJAddiction's anyway, while I was in the back I noticed that is smelled kind musty... I put my knee down on the carpet and got my pants wet. The back area is wet from the back of the 3rd row seats to the tail gate, with the wettest area by far being at the very back 4inches where the tail gate is!

How did this happen?? :confused:

Sackman.... Check the seals on both of your rearside sliding windows. They are notorious for leaks that will usually cause the jack and toolkit bag on the left side to hold moisture.
You can fix this by cleaning out the rubber seals that act as tracks for the windows to slide in. You will find some elongated holes in the bottom of the tracks that have thin plastic seals that are supposed to open as the water collects. In most cases the drainage holes get clogged with dirt over time which causes the water to seep into the truck. Use a small screwdriver to clean out the dirt, or if you have access to a air compressor, blow out the dirt with compressed air.

Hope this helps,,

Tele

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom