Water leak under crank... Still after new water pump.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I'm puzzled. I had an over heat and water started dumping out of my motor somwhere under the front so I figured it was a bad water pump.
New Water pump and T-belt service and she is leaking exactly the same... What did I miss? What could be leaking?

See photos

20200503_154201.jpg

Yep, filled it with water to test for leaks. Ran it up to temp and dribble dribble dribble. I wonder if something else is going on funky. I wonder if the pipe on the water pump is messed up? What's next?

Yep, filled it with water to test for leaks. Ran it up to temp and dribble dribble dribble. I wonder if something else is going on funky. I wonder if the pipe on the water pump is messed up? What's next?

well... water pipe. Did you put the clamps back in the same position that they were in before?

what was your process with the gasket and o-ring areas on the water pump?

Solved it!
So I warmed it up again in the driveway and it didn't leak. So while I stood there stunned after about 10 min water started poring out of the bell housing!
My driveway is rather steep and I pulled in forward nose high. Poking around with my long flexible flash light I found water in the valley under the intake running back.
The Problem: I reused my radiator hoses, I think they are original 1999, and no matter how I put the clamps back on water was running along the upper water neck and ruining in to the timing set if the nose was down or in to the valley if the nose was up.

New hoses, Problem solved. I'm really glad I didn't rip the front off the motor again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom