Water leak into driver’s floorboard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi mud,

I know this subject and problem has been covered by several threads, but I just wanted to post up where my water leak is ending up in my floorboard. I have also attached a couple of photos of where I think the source of the leak is.

Can someone look at these photos and tell me if I’m thinking correctly as to the source of the leak location?

Thanks!

75C6CA71-7F6E-418D-AFB8-1C285C627B0C.jpeg

738CFBB0-829B-4D46-A74E-3DF3A6F8831F.jpeg

CB4804EB-9C42-4929-B883-AC1EFC19FA20.jpeg

Get some plumbers putty and stick it in suspicious spots then hose the car and see if you stopped the leak.
If so — that’s the area. Remove the putty and deal with the leakage spot accordingly.
Or try duct tape or electric tape depending on the area of investigation

It shouldn't be caused by anything related to the door. Check the LF lower corner of your windshield (as you're in the drivers seat) for wetness.

It shouldn't be caused by anything related to the door. Check the LF lower corner of your windshield (as you're in the drivers seat) for wetness.

I have found that corner of the windshield (from the outside) to have gaps in it, and attempted over a year ago to silicone that area. It may not have done enough to prevent water from coming in…

Silicone may seem appropriate, but it actually will promote corrosion due to the acid inherent in the material.

You may have clogged cowl ducting, and cracked sealer hidden away inside of the inner fender below your A pillar.

Remove the driver's side footwell/ kickpanel and investigate if there is any evidence of wetting at the bottom sill, another possible place for water to get in is at the top of the A pillar where a weld and sealer joint exists, pinhole-like cracks along the drain rail of the A pillar itself.
HTH

Silicone may seem appropriate, but it actually will promote corrosion due to the acid inherent in the material.

You may have clogged cowl ducting, and cracked sealer hidden away inside of the inner fender below your A pillar.

Remove the driver's side footwell/ kickpanel and investigate if there is any evidence of wetting at the bottom sill, another possible place for water to get in is at the top of the A pillar where a weld and sealer joint exists, pinhole-like cracks along the drain rail of the A pillar itself.
HTH
I have done that and I have evidence of water down there as well…

Rabbit hole? No wonder there are threads dedicated to chasing down these leaks!

Yeah, it is a drag to deal with, but the light at the end of the tunnel is there, just need to persevere.

I just fixed same area water leak on mine. It was coming through the brake booster going through firewall. They replaced it a few years back and must not have put a gasket on it. I replaced the weatherstrip on the hood up against the wiper valance and that seemed to have solved it for now. Best thing to do is run water and use a flashlight to find the source. Mine was from brake booster but ended up puddling in exact location as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom