Water Leak front seat driver side left side pillar area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a water leak by my left foot on the driver side front seat. I first noticed it during a heavy rain storm and it actually was dripping water on my left foot. I thought it was the sunroof drains since that is where the line runs down but I have since cleaned the lines and also sealed the sunroof but I'm still getting water in somehow. I have tried spraying water around the windshield and the windshield wiper housing but have not been able to replicate where it is coming in. Does anyone have any other ideas or places I should check. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Probably the front-most roof rack mount. If you remove the cover I bet water is getting down through the threads of the bolts

Agree with TheForger. Can also be improper windshield install or water collecting in the rocker panels. Lots of threads on various leaks if you want to search and read.

I just solved this same issue on my 99 LC. On mine the issue was where the plastic drain lines connected to the sunroof. The plastic was hard and stretched and the clamps were not sealing the hose. I cut off about a half inch of hose and recounted with a worm clamp. I've been thru a week of rain and no leak. What I did is to remove the trim on the windshield piller. I also took off the visors. that gave me enough room to pull back the headliner to ID the issue and remount the hose.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to take the roof rack covers off and seal the bolts and make sure they are tight. The windshield looks like an oem install and the vin number lines up with the cutout so it looks like it is installed where it is supposed to.

I took the front roof rack cover off and removed the bolts. here are some pictures. it looked really clean and didn’t look like water was getting in. I added sealant around the threads of the bolts and under the bolt head. What do y’all think?
E71C16FC-B0EB-40F6-955C-E863A16E6A9F.jpeg
C6CEDA26-8387-4305-84C1-ED3C50BE96B9.jpeg

62F5D786-EB8A-4B84-B4D1-0198BF282A57.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m having same issue and can’t find the source of the leak. Moisture under driver side floormat. I’m also getting running lights that wont turn off and a couple dash lights until it dries out. We get a lot of rain in Arkansas!

My front sunroof drains work perfectly. I’ve removed the OS handle on the driver side A pillar and don’t see any signs of moisture. Today I removed the windshield wipers and the plastic cowling (2 pieces) that lays between the windshield and hood and poured water in both sides and noted they drained really fast.

How could water get to the floorboard? I’m perplexed but I am going to win this battle…. eventually!

I’m having same issue and can’t find the source of the leak. Moisture under driver side floormat. I’m also getting running lights that wont turn off and a couple dash lights until it dries out. We get a lot of rain in Arkansas!

My front sunroof drains work perfectly. I’ve removed the OS handle on the driver side A pillar and don’t see any signs of moisture. Today I removed the windshield wipers and the plastic cowling (2 pieces) that lays between the windshield and hood and poured water in both sides and noted they drained really fast.

How could water get to the floorboard? I’m perplexed but I am going to win this battle…. eventually!
Pull the thin strips of rubber that sit in the moldings on the left and right side of the windshield. See if there are rivets, screws, or just holes. The holes lead right into the A-pillar and down into your fuse panels / floor.

Pull the thin strips of rubber that sit in the moldings on the left and right side of the windshield. See if there are rivets, screws, or just holes. The holes lead right into the A-pillar and down into your fuse panels / floor.
Did you ever solve? I chased this non stop and realized the bottom of my sunroof drain tube was clogged after repeatedly having soaked floorboards. I took the side kick panel off, popped off the electronics in the way and held to the side and fished out the drain tube. Last several inches were completely clogged. This caused water to back up in the sunroof, flow over the inside edge into the headliner, run down the a pillar (sometimes could see water by the handle and a pillar was wet) and down through the electronics dripping into the carpet. Worst part of all this is that this also caused water to run down into the the rocker panel. Toyota, in their infinite wisdom, stuffs the rocker panel with foam padding. That got wet repeatedly over the years of sunroof drain clogs, held the water, and rusted the F_ out of the inside of my rocker panel on both sides. Virtually no way to sand in that space and stop the rust that I can see. So, when you get this solved, make sure you take off the side panel (left of your pedals, and check out the foam inside and the bottom of the rubber drain tube. Check for rust and maybe spray some cavity wax in there just as a precaution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom