Water Leak front seat driver side left side pillar area (1 Viewer)

I have a water leak by my left foot on the driver side front seat. I first noticed it during a heavy rain storm and it actually was dripping water on my left foot. I thought it was the sunroof drains since that is where the line runs down but I have since cleaned the lines and also sealed the sunroof but I'm still getting water in somehow. I have tried spraying water around the windshield and the windshield wiper housing but have not been able to replicate where it is coming in. Does anyone have any other ideas or places I should check. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Agree with TheForger. Can also be improper windshield install or water collecting in the rocker panels. Lots of threads on various leaks if you want to search and read.

I just solved this same issue on my 99 LC. On mine the issue was where the plastic drain lines connected to the sunroof. The plastic was hard and stretched and the clamps were not sealing the hose. I cut off about a half inch of hose and recounted with a worm clamp. I've been thru a week of rain and no leak. What I did is to remove the trim on the windshield piller. I also took off the visors. that gave me enough room to pull back the headliner to ID the issue and remount the hose.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to take the roof rack covers off and seal the bolts and make sure they are tight. The windshield looks like an oem install and the vin number lines up with the cutout so it looks like it is installed where it is supposed to.

I took the front roof rack cover off and removed the bolts. here are some pictures. it looked really clean and didn’t look like water was getting in. I added sealant around the threads of the bolts and under the bolt head. What do y’all think?
E71C16FC-B0EB-40F6-955C-E863A16E6A9F.jpeg
C6CEDA26-8387-4305-84C1-ED3C50BE96B9.jpeg

62F5D786-EB8A-4B84-B4D1-0198BF282A57.jpeg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom